Frank Marino is still smokin'

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
The long haired sexagenarian legend still laying down some gorgeous tone and classic lead work..
Just monster!

Lest we forget our influences..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AxealAxeal Frets: 18

Fucking fabulous – one of my early influences and remains so to this day. Rock on Frank, you’re a bloody inspiration.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    He sounds and looks in good shape.

I've never seen that single-coil loaded SG before.  Wouldn't want to put too much pressure on the neck joint...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    LOVE Frank <3
    #thebatesmotelband
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    It’s funny how empty big stages look these days with rock bands that don’t have huge Marshall ( other brands are available) stacks. 
    For a man in his mid 60s who’s been in the rock biz looking and sounding good. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I've known the name Frank Marino all my life but he's one of these players that I've just never gotten around to hearing - until now. I thought what the hell, lets dive in and hear the song - absolutely loved it! He's my kind of guitarist, must check out more.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    axisus said:
    I've known the name Frank Marino all my life but he's one of these players that I've just never gotten around to hearing - until now. I thought what the hell, lets dive in and hear the song - absolutely loved it! He's my kind of guitarist, must check out more.

From what I remember of Frank it's the 1977 Live album that's the classic although it does lurch a bit between those Hendrix/ Acid type tunes and more straight blues and rock'n'roll. 

For those of us of a certain age were introduced to him by the seminal Axe Attack compilation. I can still hum his contribution, You've Got Living, with some authority. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I've got all his early albums (which is nearly everything, he hasn't released much in the last 30 years).

As Eric says, it's a bit of an odd mix of psychedelic rock and rock'n'roll standards in the vein of Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley.

But if you like old-school hard rock which is basically a vehicle for tons - shitloads - of lead guitar then you can't go wrong.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Likewise, I have a lot of his stuff -- and still do a Frank binge a couple of times a year.
    That bloody live DVD of his... he's been promising that for what, 10 years?
    When/ if it eventually comes out -- if DVDs are even a thing then -- I'll look forward to seeing it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom