Poodle Pedal Parts Emporium Decoded

What's Hot

Comments

• Here's a tip if you email or facebook fuzzdog he definitely *won't* send you a list of what the kits are based on  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    He also responds very well to new kit suggestions - that's how I got the Blaster made. I wasn't going to find a real one but he had the kit on sale within about 2 weeks of my first email. Really impressive.

Board-mounted pots make builds really neat too, which is great.

I'm surprised he hasn't done a drop-in wah board for crybaby shells. I definitely reckon there'd be a market for that. I can feel another facebook message coming on!
    I have an empty wah shell. I would be very up for this!
  • morrissey007morrissey007 Frets: 1
    edited April 2016
    Some more decoding for you....

Looking at the schematics;  his "Little Screamer" in its "Forever" and "Forever Explosion" variants  is  Lovepedal's 'Eternity' and 'Eternity Burst' pedals, main difference being one has asymmetrical and the other has symmetrical clipping, or in my terms one is harsher and louder than the other! 

And his Lovely Squeezer is a 'Rothwell Love Squeezer' Compressor, I've built this and its a superb compressor, subtle, not too in your face. 

What do folks think of the L'il Louie ??
  • morrissey007;1049443" said:

Looking at the schematics;  his "Little Screamer" in its "Forever" and "Forever Explosion" variants  is  Lovepedal's 'Eternity' and 'Eternity Burst' pedals, main difference being one has asymmetrical and the other has symmetrical clipping, or in my terms one is harsher and louder than the other! 

And his Lovely Squeezer is a 'Rothwell Love Squeezer' Compressor, I've built this and its a superb compressor, subtle, not too in your face. 

I built the l'il louie a short while back.
    Nice sounding pedal but i dont use it much tbh.
    I find the second footswitch a waste of time as all it does is adds a little more gain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you for the comments! I'll probably pass on making one, I've got enough pedals built to last a lifetime....oh no...the soldering Iron is calling to me!!! 
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited September 2016
    Just ordered the 'Raw Fuzz' kit. 
    Never built a pedal before, and am quite inexperienced at soldering on pcb's.
    But im very much looking forward to the challenge, and many more to come.

Edit. Got there in the end...fucked it up at first though.
    Fried a transistor, and put the LED the wrong way around. Doh!!! Ordered a replacement transistor and removed the LED, and now it works a charm.
    Was ready to hang up the soldering iron at first, but glad i stuck at it now, pretty pleased with it for a first build.

now very tempted to try the 'Analog bit crusher' and 'war pig' Sabbath in a box pedals!!
  • morrissey007;1049443" said:

I built the l'il louie a short while back.
    Nice sounding pedal but i dont use it much tbh.
    I find the second footswitch a waste of time as all it does is adds a little more gain.
    Since posting i rechecked this - i build mine from just the pcb - looks like i didnt use some the right diodes ie bat46, so i've rebuilt it.
    Crikey!
    what a difference!
    The boost footswitch is noticably different especially with my LP.
    Very good indeed now.
    edited March 2017
    Box of Krunch is the MI Audio crunch Box I belive
  • Try the axis fuzz kit guys. Seriously, the best old school fuzz face inspired pedal out there. Max it out on both dials, then pull them back just a hair until they stop being noisy. Boom. Cleans up a treat, to a really nice, sparkly clean tone. 
  • Anyone know what the "Analog-Like Echo is ?  or is it a Generic PT2399 design?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited December 2017
    Wampler Analog Echo it’s a worthwhile build the tone control is excellent and different enough from the deep blue delay to be worth building.  
    edited December 2017
    Brilliant, thank you Adam, its supposed to be a little brighter than the Deep Blue, I have a bunch of PT2399 so I've sent off for the PCB from Fuzz Dog. I'll report back, (and I was about to pay £185 for one of these Wamplers!)
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Is there a fuzzdog version of any analogman fuzzes?
  • lewismlewism Frets: 250
    Considering the Sunface is just a Fuzz Face with a bias pot and reasonable spec components, if there’s a Fuzz Face kit with a bias trimmer on the board, make the trimmer an external pot and Bob’s your uncle. The Sunbender is based on a Tonebender MK1.5 which is the same circuit as a Fuzz Face but with different transistors and a few different component values but would be built on the same pcb layout. Not sure of what the other Analogman fuzzes are based on.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another one for the list; Yellow Purl = Friedman Golden Pearl
  • Super Sweety equivalent anyone?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26943
    Super Sweety equivalent anyone?
    Cornish SS2
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Ah thanks sticky, I should have worked that out from the schematic! Another muff based circuit so I'll give this a miss! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom