Louis electric Columbia reverb fault

bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
edited June 2019 in Amps
hi folks, 
a few weeks back I switched my amp on and there was some fairly high level hum and the reverb was practically non existent. I changed the valves out which didn’t change anything. I then removed the reverb tank, inspected and refitted and everything was back to normal. Have since gigged and rehearsed with the amp without issue. 
Switched amp on this morning and problem is back hum/novreverb. Have removed the tank again and is working normally. 
Scratching my head a bit here. Any thoughts to what the problem might be?
the tank is an accutronic Belton 4AB3C1B
cheers!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    Probably a bad connection at the RCA jack on the output end of the tank.

If you're unlucky, with it being an Accutronics tank, it could be a broken wire on the bobbin of the output transducer - this is very hard to repair, usually easier to replace the tank. If so don't get an Accutronics, they have a design fault which causes this - Ruby/TAD are better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Probably a bad connection at the RCA jack on the output end of the tank.

If you're unlucky, with it being an Accutronics tank, it could be a broken wire on the bobbin of the output transducer - this is very hard to repair, usually easier to replace the tank. If so don't get an Accutronics, they have a design fault which causes this - Ruby/TAD are better.
    Cheers ICBM,
    I was kind of expecting that seeing as it’s an accutronics tank. I’ve been poking around the wires that go to the transducer to try and get the fault to return but it all seems ok. I’ll give the rca’s a good clean up and see how it goes.
    thanks!
    The Swamp City Shakers