Entry level acoustic amp recommendations

What's Hot
My dad has been messing about with a few mates he used to be in a band with back in the 70s for a few months and they are sounding pretty good and looking to do a few little gigs. So he is on the hunt for a suitable acoustic amp.

Budget is prob £150 max but you seem to be able to pick up a Marshall AS50 for that which looks like it would do the job.

Any other recommendations in that price bracket either new or second hand? trace Elliott? Laney? Fender? Others? 

He has an epiphone ej200 that he will be using with it.

Thanks all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I stopped looking for a dedicated acoustic amp when I realised the acoustic channel on my Boss Katana is more than good enough :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31581
    If he can possibly stretch to the Marshall AS100D second hand it's way more than twice the amp of the 50. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    p90fool said:
    If he can possibly stretch to the Marshall AS100D second hand it's way more than twice the amp of the 50. 
    +1

But if you do get the Marshall AS50, try to get the later D (digital reverb) model not the older R (spring reverb) - the digital reverb is just much better. They're around the same price, maybe £10-£20 in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein