Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII (now with video)

What's Hot
WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
edited June 2019 in Amps
I've not really talked about this amp too much on here. I got it in November 2016 and I've used it a fair bit, but not a ton. I've leaned more on my Diezel D-Moll for the band because it has three channels, and because I have my VH4 at home as well, the Orange just sorta sits there.

But every now and then I pull it out, and I'm just blown away. I mean... what an amp. One of the finest amps going.

It's a non-master volume amp, so there are a huge variety of clean tones to be had from it simply by setting the level of the channel. You can then use the built in attenuator to bring the insanely loud channel down to a reasonable level... and bobs yer uncle.... pristine cleans, on the edge cleans, and fully crunched rhythm tones all from the first channel.

The gain channel needs no explanation really. It's on countless records and has become a firm favourite over the years.

Our other guitarist had a Thunderverb for a while, but I think the Rockerverb is way better. Better cleans and better high gain tones.

So here's a riddle for you...

What's the best approach for getting three channels out of this amp? Set the clean channel up as a clean, and use a pedal for mid-gain tones, and use the distortion channel for everything else... or crank the hell out of the clean channel to get it saturating, using the attenuator to bring the level down... and then attenuate at the front of the amp using an EQ pedal or volume pedal/knob to get the clean tones??? How would you go about doing it?

Such a killer amp that blows my mind every time I play it, which isn't often because I'm such an amp slut anyway!! But I think I wanna use it more.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited June 2019
    Did a quick video this morning. Not a huge produced thing, just a quick bash through the amp.

I'd be quite interested in using it as my main gigging amp if I could figure out a way to have the lush clean tone, the cranked clean channel, and the high-gain channel all at my feet. Typically I need 4 levels of gain, but I reckon with those three options I could fill in the gaps with a volume pedal.

I don't think it's really possible to get all three amp options at once though. Best I can think is to have a 4-cable-method setup where I reduce the input to the cranked clean channel, and then boost the volume in the effects loop a bit, which would get me my 'clean' tone.

Bye!

• Nice picture ;)
  • Fucking shit fucking forum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8MoFFcuyIw

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom