Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14026
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Let's start a new chat about the Premier League for 2019/2020 - Fixtures out and games start 9th Aug

I'm going for Top 2 - Liverpool + Man City - Pretty obvious really - Just which order

Spurs - 3rd

Fight for 4th and a few points behind - Chelsea, Man Utd + Arsenal

Then a small gang including Wolves, Everton + Leicester who sit above the bottom half but can't challenge the top 5/6 clubs

Relegation and I have Sheff Utd + I fear for Brighton this year - So one more, so a fight out between Norwich, C Palace and maybe Burnley or Soton - But I think Newcastle need to sort themselves out to avoid getting dragged into such a fight

In many ways pretty predictable as per 2018/2019 season

I did not realise the 'winter break' was over 2 week ends - 5 matches week 1 and 5 more week 2 so a rolling break as such

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    I don't agree that Palace or Burnley will be relegation fodder, but we'll see. .

My lot, West Ham have our opener at home against Man City  - oh well.  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    As long as Villa get zero points, fail miserably and end up in crippling debt that ends in certain winding up and an ultimate disappearance into oblivion, I’m pretty easy to be honest!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited June 2019
    BRISTOL86 said:
    As long as Villa get zero points, fail miserably and end up in crippling debt that ends in certain winding up and an ultimate disappearance into oblivion, I’m pretty easy to be honest!
    We can but hope

They'll probably do a Derby though and sell their stadium to a company called Aston Vanilla or something and lease it back, ending the problems
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Neil said:
    I don't agree that Palace or Burnley will be relegation fodder, but we'll see. 
    Was gonna say; Palace finished 12th, 5 points and +8 GD to Newcastle, yet you (Mark) think *Newcastle* might get dragged into a relegation fight? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14026
    edited June 2019 tFB Trader
    Neil said:
    I don't agree that Palace or Burnley will be relegation fodder, but we'll see. 
    Was gonna say; Palace finished 12th, 5 points and +8 GD to Newcastle, yet you (Mark) think *Newcastle* might get dragged into a relegation fight? 
    just a hunch based on current uncertainty regarding Newcastle - They should be a top 8 club along side Everton, probably West Ham, but all is not well - The Benitez contract has not been sorted out - A buy out is just a pipe dream today -  Someone has to struggle in the bottom 8, so why not have such a hunch - Only the bottom 4 clubs scored less goals last year than Newcastle 

I'm unsure how well Norwich will do - I don't see them doing a Wolves, but I think they might just have a bit more about them than Fulham did - Villa should be able to compete with the mid table teams - SHOULD !!!! 

I still see Sheff Utd + Brighton as two clubs to go down so need to find a 3rd
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Up the ‘ammers!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I think I said this time last year that the top 6 isn't all that interesting as it's just the same clubs shuffling around. In that sense the Wolves actually won the real competition by coming 7th.

Having the Villa back in gives some kind of West Midlands derby. More Midlands clubs up there please. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    We - Spurs - will be tested by an interesting fixture schedule.

We don't have too many difficult games after February (apart fro the return game against Woolwich) so we may be up for a late-season run.
  • MUFC to have the league sewn up by xmas, with kids.

We'll beat PSG 8 nowt in the European Cup Final, 7 of 'em scored in the last 10 minutes. It's a mere detail that we're not actually in the bloody thing. I can overlook it, if you can? 

We'll knock fook out of the noisy buggers 4 nil in the FA Cup Final. 

Liverpool and City to finish outside the top 6. 

Wolves third. 

The minor places to the Cockneys, perm any 2 out of 3. 

Joking?

Am I fook. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    Hoping for a good season for AFC Bournemouth...

C'mon Cherries!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Man U supporter here, I'm brimming with confidence and can't wait to get going! ... er .... maybe brimming with confidence isn't the right phrase, more like full of misguided optimism. To be honest I'm very glad that Moanrinho has gone, and accept that we are looking at at least a few years to get anywhere. Forget the manager and players for now, they need to drag the club up to date with all other aspects. Head in the sand since Fergie left, Woodward is a good business man but a woeful football man, it won't happen but I would love to see him gone.

I also follow my hometown Luton who have enjoyed double promotion over the past two seasons! It's gonna be tough this year in the Championship, right now I will take anything that avoids relegation!
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    axisus said:
    Man U supporter here, I'm brimming with confidence and can't wait to get going! ... er .... maybe brimming with confidence isn't the right phrase, more like full of misguided optimism. To be honest I'm very glad that Moanrinho has gone, and accept that we are looking at at least a few years to get anywhere. Forget the manager and players for now, they need to drag the club up to date with all other aspects. Head in the sand since Fergie left, Woodward is a good business man but a woeful football man, it won't happen but I would love to see him gone.

I also follow my hometown Luton who have enjoyed double promotion over the past two seasons! It's gonna be tough this year in the Championship, right now I will take anything that avoids relegation!
    I reckon you’ll just about finish top half. Solskjaer gone by Crimbo. 
  • Liverpool for the Prem. That’s all that matters to me. A couple of additions, carry on this seasons form, with the added confidence of being Champions of Europe. Big season, bring it on! 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2019

I'm going for Top 2 - Liverpool + Man City - Pretty obvious really - Just which order

Spurs - 3rd

Fight for 4th and a few points behind - Chelsea, Man Utd + Arsenal

Then a small gang including Wolves, Everton + Leicester who sit above the bottom half but can't challenge the top 5/6 clubs

Relegation and I have Sheff Utd + I fear for Brighton this year - So one more, so a fight out between Norwich, C Palace and maybe Burnley or Soton - But I think Newcastle need to sort themselves out to avoid getting dragged into such a fight
    I can't argue with any of that, your analysis is pretty much spot-on.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Villa are the greatest team known to man. Wishing them ill simply produces cosmic power which is turned into awesomeness. Back where we belong.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Villa are the greatest team known to man. Wishing them ill simply produces cosmic power which is turned into awesomeness. Back where we belong.
    Are you David "web" Cameron or Prince William?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Are you David "web" Cameron or Prince William?
    One doesn't simply initiate conversation. Kindly refrain until one is addressed.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    I'd like to think Norwich can stay up. If past form is anything to go by we'll start well, finish mid-table, sell our best players to teams with more money and then get swiftly relegated the following season. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    I’m hoping Arsenal will be less crap that this year, but disinterested owners don’t give me much hope of it happpening. Footy clubs are like family, you can’t change them but you can go off them!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2019
    I'd like to think Norwich can stay up. If past form is anything to go by we'll start well, finish mid-table, sell our best players to teams with more money and then get swiftly relegated the following season. 
     Due to the way the Premier League has progressed, the promoted teams are always the favourites to go straight back down again. The best hope is to gain a foothold, so that they can take advantage of the TV money in the following seasons. I followed the relegation battle last season and it's not pretty to watch.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.