how to tighten loose handle

What's Hot
mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 505
edited June 2019 in Amps
Hi - on the amp handle there are two metal plates either end and one is loose. For the life of me I can't see how to tighten it up. Anyone know? Not sure if they come off or what and don't want to force it but it's rattling annoyingly and is quite loose
And can't get the pic to work!
https://imgur.com/4Y2Q01l

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TitchTitch Frets: 45
    You should be able to prize the metal covers off (very gently) with  a flat bladed screwdriver to access the securing screws, but be careful not to damage the tolex covering.
    I've had the same problem on a couple of amps and found that the metal covers can be quite a tight fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 505
    edited June 2019
    All done. Levered by placing screwdriver in line with the strap itself in case anyone needs to know. Cheers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Use a flat knife blade under the ends of the caps to pop them off. That should reveal two screws.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 505
    It certainly does, thanks all. Where would I be without the FB!