All About Eve - Live Glastonbury '89

blobbblobb Frets: 2914
Just posted by Julianne on youtube, the full set from Glastonbury 1989. The gig was released on CD in '93 but this is the first time the video of the whole gig has been put out there - with decent sound.

For any fellow AAE fans out there, this is a bit special. Enjoy.

Swoon...

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Brilliant.    Thanks for sharing that.  We were there - great memories.   

I used to love AAE in those days. Julianne was great but Tim Bricheno was very underrated player.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    Ooh fab. I saw them on this tour - at the Manchester Apollo. It was my first ever proper gig. 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Not really a band I know anything about, but quite impressed with the first couple of songs and I really like her voice. 

On that basis, it seems a shame that they are remembered mostly for that TOTP appearance. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    RobDavies said:
    Not really a band I know anything about, but quite impressed with the first couple of songs and I really like her voice. 

On that basis, it seems a shame that they are remembered mostly for that TOTP appearance. 
    Because of the problems with that they went back on the next week and did a normal play through which helped the single get higher. IIRC only band to play TOTP two weeks consecutively without being at number 1. Although, yes, mostly remembered for the initial terrible appearance. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    They sang it live second time around but, to be honest, it's not the best song to represent them. Scarlet and other stories is a beautiful album.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    I was there :)
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    Stonking version of In The Meadow there. My favourite track they'd play live.