Would this bother you?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
I bought a Boss RC3 a few weeks back, got it home and the battery was already connected, I didn't think much of it and used it a hand full of times. Tonight I was using it and the screw fell out, the threads that it is supposed to screw into are none existent, It can push it and pull out with little effort. Its a long old drive to the shop I bought it from so returning it will be a bit of an effort.
Any thoughts?

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited June 2019
    I have a 1983 CE-2 still going strong, so yes, that'd bother me and would be returned if still within the returns period. And if it wasn't I'd still likely complain.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Someone has stripped the thread. That pedal was either second hand or (very) ex-demo.

Why some people can’t operate a simple mechanism like this without either breaking it or chewing up the rubber grommet is beyond me... but it seems they can’t. One of them has been using this pedal.

Take it up with the shop. Selling second hand goods as new is illegal, in case they need reminding of that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    edited June 2019
    If it was new-absolutely.
            I the long run it will help Boss keep quality control up to scratch.
                Its not like its a 30 bob pedal..... p

Cool job on the Deuce  BTW       ;)
    When logic and proportion
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6877
    Was it richtone lol? 

I'd probs be asking for them to arrange a collection and replacement. 

The batteries in my new boss' pedals have all already been installed, same as ehx. Should be a green GP one. 

But aye clearly somethings gone awry with this one. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
    Not Richtone, The guys who run the shop are nice blokes and I dont think they would sell a broke thing on purpose. Ive bought a few things from them and they always give a discount/price match. I did wonder at the battery already connected, my last Boss pedal the battery wasn't connected. I will send them an EMail and see if we can get it swapped over.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
    ICBM said:
    Someone has stripped the thread. That pedal was either second hand or (very) ex-demo.

Why some people can’t operate a simple mechanism like this without either breaking it or chewing up the rubber grommet is beyond me... but it seems they can’t. One of them has been using this pedal.

Take it up with the shop. Selling second hand goods as new is illegal, in case they need reminding of that.

It could have come from the factory like that, normally when a thread strips there is still something there, just not enough, this has no resistance at all. The screw is fine, I checked it on my other pedal. The hole is too big and the screw simply falls out. The already connected battery does sound like a thing though.