Prostate

What's Hot
Get yer prostate checked. You don't want to wake up one day and have metastasised and it be too late. Not me, I hasten to add. A relative.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    I've reached the age where I can't go to the doctor anymore in case they want to check it.  "This is some very unusual scarring??"

But yes people should get them checked!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You don't want to wake up one day and have masturbated and it be too late. Not me, I hasten to add. 
    Wot? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    edited June 2019
    munckee said:
    I've reached the age where I can't go to the doctor anymore in case they want to check it. 

I know what you mean, it is extremely unpleasant.  But good advice to get it checked, I'm sure.

I'm 55 this week, I think that means the NHS ask me to send them some poo in the post?

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:
    I've reached the age where I can't go to the doctor anymore in case they want to check it. 

I know what you mean, it is extremely unpleasant.  But good advice to get it checked, I'm sure.

I'm 55 this week, I think that means the NHS ask me to send them some poo in the post?

which is odd, cos I recently received a cease and desist order from them. Double standards if you ask me

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

22reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:

Yes, you get to play Poo(h) Sticks.

We have a very pretty Asian doctor just joined our surgery.  I'm 63 and she suggested I should have my prostate checked.  I didn't argue  :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:

Yes, you get to play Poo(h) Sticks.

We have a very pretty Asian doctor just joined our surgery.  I'm 63 and she suggested I should have my prostate checked.  I didn't argue  :)
    vim's top tip, when offered that, don't, ever, say cool, I'll go get me ball gag. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:

Isn't it the person celebrating that gets the presents in the post?
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3651
    edited June 2019
    Philly_Q said:

That's 60.  At 55 they invite you in for colonoscopy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    edited June 2019
    Musicwolf said:
    Philly_Q said:

That's 60.  At 55 they invite you in for a colonoscopy.

Ah, OK, thanks.  I think that would be a good idea as - joking apart - I do have some of the symptoms but I've put off seeing the GP about it.  I've had a colonoscopy before, about 15 years ago, and was all clear on that occasion.  Hopefully nothing's changed.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    Get yer prostate checked. You don't want to wake up one day and have metastasised and it be too late. Not me, I hasten to add. A relative.
    This.

I had mine checked when I was having some symptoms.
    It's no worse than the first time a drunken college girl has a go. Except the doctor has really good lube and no finger nails.

Fear of the first time is way over the top. Then it's nothing. 

Get it done.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    I'd spent about 25 years with what you might describe as poor flow before finally talking to my doctor about it - they were incredibly sensitive and really understood how embarrassed I was to talk about it.  The first thing they're trying to do is to rule out cancer.  My friend has had a cancer diagnosis and has come out the other end after successful surgery.

It really is important to catch it early rather than die of embarrassment.

After a few years during which my consultant tried to make my prostate shrink using drugs, the time eventually came when laser surgery was necessary, and now I can pee for England.

What I'd say is that if you're lucky enough to be the sort of person who just deals with this sort of thing, gets checked and moves on - good for you - but if you let embarrassment get in the way of something that you know in your heart of hearts needs treatment - talk to people about it, don't keep quiet about it like my dad did - leaving it until it hit him in his eighties almost killed him, and the quality of life he suffered before he admitted to it wasn't worth it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    edited June 2019
    Apparently, Saw Palmetto is very good for your prostrate; I recall an ex-nurse saying every man should start taking it at 30...I still keep meaning to pick some up, that was some time ago. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3651
    I had it done last year.  All clear for cancer and they confirmed - it really is where the sun shines from :3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You don't want to wake up one day and have masturbated and it be too late. Not me, I hasten to add. 
    Wot? 
    Sorry, what I meant to say is my uncle has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Mum says it's gotten into his bones. 1 year survival rate is 43%. 5 year survival rate is 3%.

But great joke anyway mate.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    edited June 2019
    My dad has prostate cancer, its controlled at the moment thankfully, got his diagnosis about 4 years ago, since his diagnosis my mum was diagnosed and gone within 3 months, (different kind of cancer obvs but still) don't leave it too late. I had a finger up the bum last year, wasn't so bad. I should get a doctor to do it next time though... Sorry to hear about your uncle Drew.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Wot? 
    Sorry, what I meant to say is my uncle has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Mum says it's gotten into his bones. 1 year survival rate is 43%. 5 year survival rate is 3%.

My Wife has stage 3 b Ovarian cancer cancer.

Tomorrow at 2 bells at Christie's we'll find out how steep the hill is; after having battled it with surgery, and chemo for the last 15 months, with much hardship along the way, it has returned within the last month. 

I'm past the hand wringing stage Drew. Humour has it's place in my approach.  It's remiss of me to presume anything about how you handle and deal with your situation.

Would you accept my apology for such crass clumsiness? 

No insult intended. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    Wot? 

My Wife has stage 3 b Ovarian cancer cancer.

Tomorrow at 2 bells at Christie's we'll find out how steep the hill is; after having battled it with surgery, and chemo for the last 15 months, with much hardship along the way, it has returned within the last month. 

I'm past the hand wringing stage Drew. Humour has it's place in my approach.  It's remiss of me to presume anything about how you handle and deal with your situation.

Would you accept my apology for such crass clumsiness? 

No insult intended. 

No insult taken mate. Sorry about your wife. My aunt died from cervical cancer. Not fun.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    VimFuego said:
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:

which is odd, cos I recently received a cease and desist order from them. Double standards if you ask me
    There you go,,,,,,,Shitposting again ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149

At the tender age of 64 I've been through the tender process of the prostate exam, painful?, no, embarrassing? a bit. worth having?, definitely. I put off the poo sticks a couple of times and then a young lady rang me at home asking me why I hadn't returned them. We had a long conversation and I came to the conclusion that if someone aged about 20 could call me and engage in a long conversation about poo she deserved to have my sticks returned. Duly done and all clear.

We are off to Italy house hunting in a couple of weeks and 2 days before the off I have been invited in for an abdominal aortic aneurysm scanning. This determines whether or not your big pipe is ready to pop. Im more scared over this than all the other freebie tests as for someone who's had a quadruple by-pass, matters of the heart and pipes are always of a concern. I'll go of course and fingers crossed all is ok and the holiday goes ahead as planned.

As Drew pointed out, go for your tests, they are free, sometimes a bit embarrassing but could save a whole lot of problems and possibly your life.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I had a full medical examination, including prostate check, when I was in Thailand. My brother (who's been living in Bangkok for over 25 years) recommend a practice it was cheap, easy and quick except that the really beautiful and young Thai nurse, as she was donning her rubber gloves said, "Please don't worry, it's usual to get an erection during the procedure", I said gritting my teeth, "I think I won't get one". She replied "I'm not talking about you". 
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom