Another "What car" Thread! Need to order a company car asap

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    My Fiesta ST was stolen from Whitlocks End train station (suburb edge of Birmingham).

I was also concerned about my Golf R and it was a weight off my mind when I sold it. It is a real problem around the Midlands.

That said, I wouldn't let it stop me buying the car I wanted.

The Fabia sounds like fun and I like the styling. I'd prefer a manual though for some B road action.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Which one fits a head, 4x12, PA lights and 3 guitars ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Jalapeno said:
    Which one fits a head, 4x12, PA lights and 3 guitars ?
    Haha I like your thinking.

celentium said:
    My Fiesta ST was stolen from Whitlocks End train station (suburb edge of Birmingham).

I was also concerned about my Golf R and it was a weight off my mind when I sold it. It is a real problem around the Midlands.

That said, I wouldn't let it stop me buying the car I wanted.

The Fabia sounds like fun and I like the styling. I'd prefer a manual though for some B road action.
    Yes Birmingham and West Midlands are a severe hotspot for this and I just don't want that kind of worry. 

I work in property management and my sites are in Nottingham, Lichfield, Leicestershire and Redditch so mostly motorway to get to them from Brum. I can't ever imagine any situation where I would want to drive just for fun or enjoyment so that is off the table in terms of what I want or need
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    My experience with Skoda in the 21st century is entirely positive. I kept a 'temporary' Octavia 4 years because it turned out to be everything I needed without being flash or expensive. My son still runs a fabia and it's astonishingly reliable for a 12 year old car despite the lack of regular maintenance!!!

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Skoda hold their value extremely well these days and are super reliable. 

We're looking to buy a Kodiaq (aka mini bus) and trying to find one at the price you'd "expect" (looking at similar cars of same size/age) is very difficult. 
    Thanks guys, all help and comment is useful.

I have been told again to stop being silly about the theft fears by my colleagues. I'm still not 100% happy with that but I will consider options

What I have found though, annoyingly, is that the figures in the comcar.co.uk tables are quite different to the figures the same website give you I've got select the car to add to the comparison! Not just the tax amounts but the emissions too in some cases. Very unhelpful when you've just grabbed a load of Indy for comparisons which is now potentially incorrect.

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    edited June 2019
    Aren't you supposed to drive Company Cars like you stole them anyway? 

As a previous CC driver for 10 years +, the only advice I would give is don't worry about the "stolen" factor, it really isn't your problem (as callous as that sounds) - that's your company and subsequently the lease company's problem - just buy whichever one suits your needs and monthly budget, leave the other worries to someone else.

You can also completely ignore any running costs - tyres/servicing etc as you just book it in, sign at the end..

I was fortunate to have BMW M Sports as my company car choices and never ever worried about if someone was going to steal it or actually prang it etc etc and I was travelling the whole of UK and Ireland!!

The Lease companies we used were very helpful with working out BIK liabilities etc - surely a direct call to them would help you?
    I think I'd prefer it if they just told me what to have haha but I'm getting there, I've found there's another rule that the co2 needs to be less than 120 so I've had to remove the Astra from the list.

The maths is easy enough to be honest it's the choice I'm struggling with as I've no car knowledge and I get bored reading lists of stats at the best of times.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

I'd go Fiesta ST.  I have the Focus ST and spend quite a bit of time on the road, it’s not great on fuel (the fiesta will be much better) but it’s a blast on B roads.  Not sure if the fiesta ticks the co2 box but it is 3 cylinder and deactivates one when not under load, so may be okay.  Much leas go karty than the last model as well, but still lots of fun.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4612
    Mini clubman?
    Mini clubman?
    They're above the max list price unfortunately

The Muppet in HR who organises things is ignoring my emails asking about waiting times etc so I'm going to ask for the auto Skoda, manual Audi A1 or a Fiesta (either ST or titanium), whichever they can get me soonest to be honest, I'm sure they will all be adequate

Cheers guys
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    edited June 2019
    My wife has got the earlier Fiesta Titanium X with the 3 cylinder Turbo engine (125 bhp one), it’s got leather, sat nav, keyless entry and loads of other toys and it really feels a lot more luxurious and “big” than the badge lets you think!! 

As a drive its brilliant, plenty of power if you need it - almost doesn’t make sense as it’s less than 1000 cc, handling wise there’s not a lot that would touch it on A and B roads (in the same category) - it’s fun to drive - If I have a back road journey to make I’ll take the Fiesta over the big growly beast of a BMW I have!!

You won’t be disappointed with a Fiesta, I always discounted them as crap but I was shocked driving this one - as a guide, I’ve had (and still do) some really nice expensive cars (Porsche, Merc, BMW etc etc) 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    welshboyo said:
    My wife has got the earlier Fiesta Titanium X with the 3 cylinder Turbo engine (125 bhp one), it’s got leather, sat nav, keyless entry and loads of other toys and it really feels a lot more luxurious and “big” than the badge lets you think!! 

As a drive its brilliant, plenty of power if you need it - almost doesn’t make sense as it’s less than 1000 cc, handling wise there’s not a lot that would touch it on A and B roads (in the same category) - it’s fun to drive - If I have a back road journey to make I’ll take the Fiesta over the big growly beast of a BMW I have!!

My brother has the 100bhp, but remapped it to 140bhp and it flies!  He also has an M135i and his son a Fiesta ST.  Whilst neither can compete with the BMW in most areas he’d definitely say the Fiesta’s are fun.  Plus i’d fancy the ST round twisty roads, the M135i is not as settled or manoeuvrable.