Lionheart Guitars Facebook Warning Post

What's Hot
BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
Thought this might interest some people here. Someone claims to have paid 6k AUD but received an allegedly less than satisfactory guitar, and allegedly got a some free abuse thrown in when he made a complaint.

Had a look at Lionheart's Facebook page and they make really interesting, cosmetically-intricate/outrageous builds, but I have not heard of them at all prior to this. Full post here. 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2200347683352261&id=100001311526844&hc_location=ufi
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I could let quite a few of those issues go (although some would rightly say that shouldn't even be considered on a guitar of that price), but non-seated frets on a £3.5k guitar? Blimey.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Blimey indeed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    If I ever ordered a custom built guitar (unlikely) it would be from somebody I could pop around to and keep an eye on progress  - not somebody in another country!

Obviously if you ordered a Custom shop Fender or whatever it would be built in the US but you would still have your UK dealer it was ordered through to fall back on in case of problems.

The chap who ordered from Lionheart seemed to take a lot on trust. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Obviously an intelligent guy from the way it's written, but ordering a 6k guitar from some guy in Indonesia when you're in Australia? Really?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    DefaultM said:
    Obviously an intelligent guy from the way it's written, but ordering a 6k guitar from some guy in Indonesia when you're in Australia? Really?
    The stuff I've seen on their Facebook page is jawdroppingly gorgeous. Very blingy so obviously not everyone's cup of tea. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    The guitar he is rejecting features on the front page of the website, so obviously they were happy with it.... yikes
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Branshen said:
    DefaultM said:
    The stuff I've seen on their Facebook page is jawdroppingly gorgeous. Very blingy so obviously not everyone's cup of tea. 
    This is very true. But if I wanted something of that ilk, I’d approach Kiesel. At least you’re getting someone you know is trustworthy.

Couldn’t really tell from the photos, but they reminded me a bit of those really blingy Chinese acoustics with all the (presumably fake) mother of pearl tree of life and dragon inlays which all fell out and had all the problems with the bridges shifting.... please can someone help me with their brand name, it’s driving me mad...!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    DefaultM said:
    Indonesia is like right next door to Australia.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    Like only a couple of thousand miles.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11494
    tFB Trader
    Is this the same jerk who offered a terrified dog up to his bandsaw blade? (couldn't tell if the saw was on in the pic)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Those are some jaw dropping guitars on the website.  Three years from initial order to delivery though?  Wow - I hope the builder was upfront with lead times whenever the order was being placed.

Evidently he’s raised quite a snag list; it’s unfortunate that he’s chosen to lead on the photo side with the cosmetic issues, although I can appreciate that on a ‘guitar as art’ piece like this it’s extremely important.  The luthier can argue that it’s a handmade custom instrument and inconsistencies are expected.  To be honest, there’s quite a few where I’m squinting and trying to figure out what the problem is.

The hardware issues are more of a red line in terms of rejecting the guitar.  The frets being unseated, not reaching the edge of the fretboard, pickup misalignment and bridge saddle and voids in the fretboard wood really do make it unfit for purpose.

• Revolting guitars...feel sorry for the guy but seems like he took a big risk there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Christ, three years for that monstrosity? :scream: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    There’s some huge gaffs on that guitar. The nut seating and the string/neck alignment are really terrible. I’d be rejecting it too at that price. Although, buying across borders and jurisdictions probably isn’t the safest option. I feel sorry for the guy.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Is this the same jerk who offered a terrified dog up to his bandsaw blade? (couldn't tell if the saw was on in the pic)
    I think this is the same guy
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11494
    edited June 2019 tFB Trader
    Jetfire said:
    I think this is the same guy
    Not sure if the pic wasn't photoshopped but in poor taste

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    ... I hope someone holds him up to a bandsaw blade. What kind of tosser does that to a dog?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom