Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster

What's Hot
freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
edited June 2019 in Guitar
This shop in US is advertising a Squier  Classic Vibe Starcaster! I've not seen or heard of it elsewhere.  I quite fancy the natural finish version.
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0374590-521
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yPe9aNpJXfiaXzSE6
Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Oh hell yeah! That Sunburst one is a must-try for me (as I'm sure it will be for any & all die-hard Radiohead fans).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26894
    YES! The Fender reissue was Chinese-made, iirc, so this is probably the same basic guitar. I doubt I'll buy one but it's nice to know the option is there :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited June 2019
    I'd love to try one but I guess it will be a while before they are in the shops in the UK.

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    The Fender  modern player version was very nice to play .probably the same guitars with a different headstock logo .
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Hard to believe Fender can bring this back to life but not resuscitate the Electric XII which would undoubtedly sell by the shedload.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    JezWynd said:
    Hard to believe Fender can bring this back to life but not resuscitate the Electric XII which would undoubtedly sell by the shedload.
    Did you miss the news from earlier this year - the electric xii should be in shops by the end of the summer.
    https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-leaked-fender-alternate-reality-xii-12-string/
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    FFS. 

It has a tuneomatic bridge, but it really should have a hardtail one. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    mart said:
    JezWynd said:
    Did you miss the news from earlier this year - the electric xii should be in shops by the end of the summer.
    https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-leaked-fender-alternate-reality-xii-12-string/
    Now that mention it, it does ring a bell. Senility is beckoning. :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 682
    You know they're doing an Affinity and Contemporary version, too? The Contemps have matching headstocks and no f-holes (but EMG style pickups so... Meh).

I actually gig my 76 Starcaster so don't know what I'd actually need with one of these. Goddamn I want a blue one, though..
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 682
    Oh, and investigation has already suggested they'll be made in Indonesia as per.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    I just want another Squier Cabronita. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I wish they'd always make a Fender branded version of any model they're making under Squier. At least gives the people who are brand snobs a chance to buy it.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    The originals ware a commercial failure, I’m pretty sure that the new ones won’t do any better. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9268
    I still don't like myself for selling my modern player in the beautiful caramel sunburst they did. I just needed a pickup swap really. If these are priced well, I can see myself buying another guitar I don't need.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11882
    I can remember trying an original US one, but didn't have the cash

what are these ones like, has anyone tried one?
    i.e. compared to a USA standard strat
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11882
    anyone tried a Starcaster?
  • I've picked up a Contemporary but not plugged it in. The US one I recently sold felt a bit junky but the neck was lovely and the old wide rangers sounded great.

The necks are supposed to be nice on all the new ones, though obviously 9.5 not 10 radiused. I just think the whole look is ruined by the stop tailpiece and TOM bridge and "wrong" pickup shapes.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72234
    I like the look of the Affinity one best, in the red - but I agree about the bridge and tailpiece. The pickups I could live with, if they were changed for covered ones with offset poles.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    ICBM said:
    I like the look of the Affinity one best, in the red - but I agree about the bridge and tailpiece. The pickups I could live with, if they were changed for covered ones with offset poles.
    Are the faux Wide Range regular humbucker size or proper Wide Range size? (The old Tele I played with a WR pickup seemed to be massive compared to a PAF type)