SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1963 Stratocaster - Back Up! Provenance included

What's Hot
bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2853
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
So, I'm putting this out there as a tentative opportunity for someone to own an original pre-cbs strat.

I've got the chance to buy a house and everything may need to be thrown at it! 

I met Clive Brown at his workshop very recently (amazing guy and brought out a magnifying glass! ) and the plan was for a sunburst relic refin. He actually pursuaded me not to do it due to the almost full provenance with it, albeit we said we may do it in the future. 

I have documentation of the history of the guitar and have contact info for the main owner from 1968 to 2015.

Also included is the Cites paperwork, which is a bonus. 

White refin done pre-1968, which we believe was done by Duck, Son and Pinker (they've put their name on the back of the neck).

Neck is June 63B.
Body has 7/63 pencil date (uncovered recently, as was painted over). 
Pots date to June 63.

Original -
Fender logo, tuners, pickups, plastics, bridge. 
Also, original backplate and trem and Selmer case. 

Changes - 
5 way switch but original 3 way included
Vol pot is newer. 
Bridge pickup rewound at the same time as the refret (added post sale - in the pics and paperwork).
Tone mod wire, which can be removed and just desoldering. 
New scratchplate but metal back plate is original.

Refret and therefore plays and sounds as good as any strat I've owned or tried. 

Amazing, amazing guitar and if I raise the cash elsewhere I'll be keeping this, so may be removed at any time. 

Looking for around £8250 or cash and trades.
Or you could buy a new masterbuilt strat  ;-) 

Oh, she's got a name - Lucy (given by the previous owner and I believe it's based on the serial number). 

Lots and lots of pics - enjoy. 
(I'll try and embed some soon). 
https://imgur.com/gallery/lNNTtN4

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments