GuitarBuild.co.uk - opinions and having trouble contacting!

Hi guys,

I've decided to get a new Jazzmaster body and finishing it in the style of the Elvis Costello Fender. I came across guitarbuild and the price etc looked right, so I tried contacting them to check a couple of details over a week ago, and again a couple of days ago but with no reply - anyone else have this problem? Also wondering what the quality is like, anyone had any issues fitting Fender necks to them? It's my first build so I don't know if I'm being hopelessly optimistic that it'll all just slot together first time and play great!! 

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited May 2014
    They are really good quality, though the ones you buy direct from their web site tend to be better (lighter mainly) than the ones they sell on ebay. But then usually 2-3 times the price too.

I've used them a lot and never had problems fitting standard fender parts - though if you are making a Jazzmaster make sure you buy U.S rather than Japanese sized scratchplates.

As for contacting them, they are normally pretty quick. Maybe try them via ebay HERE
    if you aren't getting any joy direct.

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Thanks I'll give that a try!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I bought a guitarbuild body for a partsacaster, very good quality. I bought a two piece swamp ash for £45 I think.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Had a reply back through eBay, thanks guys, looking forward to getting hold of this, will post back when it's done...
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I've built a couple of guitars using their bodies - including a Jazzmaster. Yes, Fender necks fit perfectly and they are really superb quality - easily the equal in quality terms of what you pay shed loads more from the US.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.