troy van leuwen signature jazzmaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    I cant find a release date provisional or otherwise.  Ive never pre-ordered a guitar before, how does one go about it?  Manufacturer, retailer?  Ive asked TVL via Twitter but I'm not holding my breath :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3300
    kelvinburn;23808" said:
    I cant find a release date provisional or otherwise.  Ive never pre-ordered a guitar before, how does one go about it?  Manufacturer, retailer?  Ive asked TVL via Twitter but I'm not holding my breath :))
    when I pre-ordered my Kurt cobain jaguar it was via a retailer,as far as I know that's the only way. Richtone music sorted it all out for me and I got one of the first 5 in the UK.

Thanks grungebob. Ill phone round Leeds finest.
    TVL has been a bad man! Launch due april 2014. First uk deliveries june 2014. My deposit is secured.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any word on the price?

That thing's frikkin lovely! Here's hoping it has a chunky-ish neck! :)
    Fender gb and I wouldn't commit, they said either £750 or £900 to Pmt. They didnt know about it until yesterday!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    It's basically a CP JM with B&B so I'd guess £100 more than whatever the CPs go for.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I figure the mastery bridge (assuming it's getting one?) would drive the cost up some more though :\
  • I figure the mastery bridge (assuming it's getting one?) would drive the cost up some more though :\
    No, its shipping with a Mustang bridge according to Troy. As Mastery could not make enough bridges quickly / cheaply enough to do a Fender run.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3853
    Now on preorder for the strange price of 993 quid on a few of the main dealers. Must be imminent.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    stonevibe said:

No, its shipping with a Mustang bridge according to Troy. As Mastery could not make enough bridges quickly / cheaply enough to do a Fender run.
    What an utterly lame excuse. There's no point in having a signature guitar if it's compromised by not having the correct features the original player uses.

I do really like the look of it though - apart from the top switch, which I expect I'd hit too much, and are more fragile than the original slider.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    I'm waiting for a phone call from the store and am going to try it out before I decide whether to buy one or not.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    stonevibe;147883" said:
    I'm waiting for a phone call from the store and am going to try it out before I decide whether to buy one or not.
    Yeah, you're buying it..

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    DrBob said:
    stonevibe;147883" said:
    Yeah, you're buying it..

Ain't that the truth - Happy NGD :)

• Love it. I hate the look of the mastery bridge so I'm glad...

It would have been cool to have the UK made mustang bridge though - bit cheaper than a mastery, looks nicer and is supposed to be well made. Can never remember the name...
  • Right time do some selling
  • ICBM said:
    stonevibe said:

What an utterly lame excuse. There's no point in having a signature guitar if it's compromised by not having the correct features the original player uses.

I do really like the look of it though - apart from the top switch, which I expect I'd hit too much, and are more fragile than the original slider.

It was the reason given for fender not using a staytrem on the marr....
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    Tis lovely. Apart from that switch - new plate (with regular slide switch) and a Mastery and that would be pretty much my perfect Jazzmaster, I reckon...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    Love it. I hate the look of the mastery bridge so I'm glad...

It would have been cool to have the UK made mustang bridge though - bit cheaper than a mastery, looks nicer and is supposed to be well made. Can never remember the name...
    Staytrem, definitely getting one for my AVRI JM
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    A_T_W said:
    Love it. I hate the look of the mastery bridge so I'm glad...

Staytrem, definitely getting one for my AVRI JM
    I've tried one and it was really good. The fact it doesn't look like it fell off a mountain bike, like the Mastery, helps too.

But tbh if you get the setup right and use 11s or higher, the standard one works fine anyway on the trad neck, but the Staytrem comes into it's own on 9.5" radius.

Makes a nice change that the Staytrem is British and the geezer making them is a nice chap too.