PCB eyelet help.

What's Hot
Hi People,

I've a pedal I bought with a PCB mounted pot that's ripped loose taking the trace off the board.

I reckon I can fix it if I expose some of the trace, get some eyelets and solder them in place...

does anyone know of a place where I can get 2mm and 3mm eyelets for pcbs?
A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited May 2014
    Personally Frank, rather than risk causing any more damage or a potential weak spot I would solder a piece of wire between the previous component and the pot.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Yeah, I'll probably ensure the connection works like that.

There are two smd resistors to be replaced too... was planning on doing that on the underside of the board.

But the post was wired into the board in 5 places and there's a small amount of support provided .. I'm worried leaving the pot loose (without the eyelets) will just see worse problems with the board.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1627
    frankus said:
    Yeah, I'll probably ensure the connection works like that.

There are two smd resistors to be replaced too... was planning on doing that on the underside of the board.

But the post was wired into the board in 5 places and there's a small amount of support provided .. I'm worried leaving the pot loose (without the eyelets) will just see worse problems with the board.

Does the pot not bolt onto the chassis? If not SHAME on the designer!

You could wire it back with stout, 20g solid wire and then snot it with a glue gun.

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    glue gun snot sounds a good solution :)

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1627

I actually hate glue guns!

But when the devil drives? I would probably make a "construction" out of some FR4 and Araldite that in place to support the pot but then I had the tools and workshop facilities, plus all the time in the world!......I was not earning from what came and went thru' the door!

Dave.