Strymon Mobius

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

What are peoples thoughts on these?  listening to the video's they sound ace, with some amazing sound possibilities.  I'm going to go and try one but I'm just wondering how folks have got on with theirs, you see quite a few for sale so I just wondered why.
What are they like to live with, for example are they easy enough to deal with live with just a few presets set up?

After going back to multiple stomp boxes I'm finding the tone loss and volume loss through my board a bit disturbing, the idea of a few high quality effects is appealing.

The most settled I've been for ages was with a Zoom G3 on my board, which I recently sold.  The analog reality is not yet living up to the dream.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    It's pretty astonishing. I was always very fussy about my modulation. I had a Phase 90, Demeter trem, Arion chorus, Hartman flanger, all dialled in perfectly and sound incredible. I got the Mobius and managed to kick the trem off. I only really got it for the auto wah and leslie effects. One day after deciding to re do my board, I sat down and a/b'd against all the other pedals. It's now the only mod on my board. I'm pretty sure you won;t be disappointed.
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Can you stack modulations with it, or is it one at a time?

Kelvin
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Ive just bought one. I echo space cadet above! You won't be dissapointed. You can't stack the effects though which is the only downside
    Thanks @allicio thats saved me a good chunk of cash

Kelvin
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Yes you can stack effects........if you buy two of them!! Mwahahaha.
    :-bd
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To be honest when I first thought about it I nearly sacked the idea when I read that you couldn't stack them. I then thought well how often is it really that I stack them vs the actual quality and tweak ability of the individual effects.
    I'm bloody glad I went with it. The individual effect quality is the best ive heard in any individual effect pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Does that make sense?
    @allicio It does. Thanks. One to try methinks. I looooooove modulation. Whats it like with drive/fuzz going into it?
    That I'm not able to tell you I'm afraid. I'm building a new board from scratch and am currently waiting on my dirt pedals to arrive from canada
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    I've got the timeline and möbius and really that's all I need now albeit with an od pedal. Möbius is great and thoroughly recommend it. Just think of the board space and cash saving it is having all those great sounds in one box. Some I can't see myself ever using but hey you never know :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I've got the timeline and möbius and really that's all I need now albeit with an od pedal. Möbius is great and thoroughly recommend it. Just think of the board space and cash saving it is having all those great sounds in one box. Some I can't see myself ever using but hey you never know :)
    I was thinking just the same set up which would all nicely fit on my PT JR.  I'm fed up messing with loads of patch cables and power supplies, this solution would be neat and sound great.  Pricey though!
    If you do go down the same route I'd recommend getting a midi switcher like the disaster area DMC-6D. Makes life so much easier :)
    menamestom;241745" said:
    hotpickups said:

I was thinking just the same set up which would all nicely fit on my PT JR.  I'm fed up messing with loads of patch cables and power supplies, this solution would be neat and sound great.  Pricey though!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I got a Mobius and recently I've actually considered selling it despite it sounding awesome. It sounds so good, but other than trem which I used to use all the time I'm finding that I just don't need it for my band. 

Guarantee I sell it, then need it the next day. 
    It would be great if the brought a Mobius / Timeline / Big Sky multi out. Doubt it will ever happen as it would hurt sales of the others but I'd be interested if they did.
    Deijavoo;241915" said:
    I got a Mobius and recently I've actually considered selling it despite it sounding awesome. It sounds so good, but other than trem which I used to use all the time I'm finding that I just don't need it for my band. 

Guarantee I sell it, then need it the next day. 
    I agree as that is what I used mainly I.e. Trem. However since having it I've been exploring other sounds that otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with. Gives me so many more textures :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've never bothered with Rotary, Vibe or Ring Mod sounds until I got it, but there is just no suitable place in what my band do for it. 

So I tried one for about 20mins today in Sounds Great.  First impressions good, nice clean sounds, very clear and hifi with no noise and a fairly intuitive menu system so that I could get roughly what I wanted without messing about.  Lots of possibilities.

I'd like to try one next to the Zoom effects, the latter from memeory were a little warmer, although the increased clarity of the Strymon may just make them seem warmer.  The Strymon in no way sounds digital, it was just very clear.
    Some of the effects did not seem to go very deep, but that could have been the way I was aimlessly tweaking.

So first impressions good, it certainly did nothing to make me not want a 2nd go. 

Also tried an El Cap, that was very nice too.
    I'm selling my el cap and favourite switch if you're interested ?
    menamestom;245092" said:
    So I tried one for about 20mins today in Sounds Great.  First impressions good, nice clean sounds, very clear and hifi with no noise and a fairly intuitive menu system so that I could get roughly what I wanted without messing about.  Lots of possibilities.

I'd like to try one next to the Zoom effects, the latter from memeory were a little warmer, although the increased clarity of the Strymon may just make them seem warmer.  The Strymon in no way sounds digital, it was just very clear.

Some of the effects did not seem to go very deep, but that could have been the way I was aimlessly tweaking.

So first impressions good, it certainly did nothing to make me not want a 2nd go. 

Also tried an El Cap, that was very nice too.
    I'm selling my el cap and favourite switch if you're interested ?

Hmmm.  Not sure whether to go for the El Cap or timeline.  Is it the V2 with soft switches?

Mine is the v1 version without soft switches. Not that it matters when playing live :)