SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted, some kind of12" 8ohm G12H-ish speaker

CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
Ebay's selection seems a bit pants at the moment. Does anyone have a G12H30, G12 heritage or somesuch speaker they're looking to sell?

Cash or possibly trade for an 8ohm V30.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Max_b3Max_b3 Frets: 5
    I have a G12-80 from (IIRC) 1982 gathering dust but its 16 ohms if that's any good. Near you too.
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148

I've nothing to offer you, but I've just bought a WGS Reaper HP (a US company, used by Two Rock and others). It's their G12H30 equivalent. £65 from http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/wgs-reaper-hp-high-power-12-guitar-speaker-16ohm-50w-p-1905.html?gclid=CJ67-4DqsL4CFfQgtAodWxYAhA.

Frustratingly I haven't got it wired in yet so I can't tell you how it sounds   :-S .

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    @Max_B3 it really has to be 8 ohms as I want to throw it in with a speaker I already have.

@svejk you had a chance to try out the Reaper HP yet? It sounds interesting!

Also, bump for a new week.

@Cirrus - tomorrow! My mate's coming round with his soldering iron. I'll keep you posted...

Got this up and running, thanks to my mate Mark (who I'm persuading to sign up here). First signs very promising. Lots more bass and low mids - a v.good complement to the trebly Jenson. Can't wait to crank it in the studio this weekend. No time to break it in, it needs to get to work :).

V.happy so far, but I'm not a speaker expert and haven't got loads of things I can compare it to.

I should add I am hardly ever disappointed with any new gear ;)