Deacci Pickups

What's Hot

Comments

• Does the fretboard May offer apply to covered pickups? Do you offer F-spaced?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • deaccideacci Frets: 41
    John,
    No problem adding covers to the offer, £15 for Nickel, Chrome or Unplated, and £20 for gold which also come with matching pole and mounting screws.

I can do F spaced bobbins however I currently do not have a stock of F spaced covers, so there may be a short wait while I order some in for you which I am happy to do. Our F spaced bobbins are unfortunately not Butyrate (ABS plastic).
    Declan Larkin  |  Deacci Guitar Pickups
    www.deacci.com  |  +44 7799 417775
    Gagaryn said:

Wouldn't be cheaper to employ a Mexican granny?
    Gagaryn,
    In hindsight, almost definately :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3894
    I've been having a look on your website, looks really good. If I could give my opinion on one thing that gets my back up, it's getting slapped with VAT at checkout after you think you know the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited August 2014
    For anyone that thinks these are expensive, I agree they are, but I have a set on RD P1s in my number 1 les Paul and they are my absolute favourites knocking Peter Florance Voodoos and Bare Knuckle stormy Mondays off my number one spot, which are both excellent IMO. Good luck Declan!
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3894
    I don't have a problem with the price, it should just include VAT before checkout.
    I don't have a problem with the price, it should just include VAT before checkout.

The comment wasn't aimed at you Chris, just anyone that thinks they're not cheap ;)
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited August 2014
    Have a set of RD P1's in my Edwards LP too @John_A - great clear but full sounding humbuckers
    Seemed like a good idea.....

edited August 2014
    Just read through the full thread and realised I've missed a cracking deal, any chance of extending it :) And is a Pure Vintage ONE essentially an RD P1?
    Slightly different to my knowledge but not far off - Best way to contact Declan is by email

John,

sorry for the delay responding to your post, I really need to improve my social media invlovement skills

Yes they are like the P1's you have only better..... When your P1's were made, about 1 out of every 10 sets had something just that little bit special and I wanted to be able to reproduce that every single time. you will find some detail about how that was achieved on the website. Although I think you got one of the 10% anyway. Back in those days I might have wound 5 or 6 pickups to get a set I was happy selling. After 2 years of that I simply had to find another way !

The offer is now extended and prices reduced to levels that should have me locked up, if not in an asylum, then definately in the workshop making lots of pickups.

Declan
    Deacci Guitar Pickups
    www.deacci.com

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 355
    Declan,
    I really wish you good luck, I like it when builder's try to put some science behind the "mojo" and make it consistent.
    From what I read it can be difficult for a new builder to prove that they have smth new, different and/ or improved to offer; specially with humbuckers.

Good luck with your patent application too, please post some info when smth is available online. 

You can also try the les paul forums if you haven't already.
    Just be careful of the passionate PAF purists...

Unfortunately I don't have anything that needs HBs atm but I'll keep you in mind for the future.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    Hi, what does the Macha sound like? Any equivalents from more famous pickup builders?
    I've only played the Vintage Reloaded range George so no personal experience with the Macha as yet - I'd imagine the Macha to have much more power & mids probably whilst retaining the clarity that Deacci is known for.

Hopefully Declan will be along soon to elaborate.

Yes, that'd be great. Without sound samples it's hard to justify £100 (at 50%) on a pickup.
    edited October 2014
    Catthan, thanks for the comments, I pulled the patent application at the beginning of September.
    Every time the lawyers had to write a letter it was another £1500 ..... so not for the faint hearted or the almost broke :)

If someone else wants to copy what I have done then good luck to them working it out, but I wont be feeding the lawyers and the patent office any more LOL !!!

The Macha is my attempt to put together a pickup with the most output I can possibly achieve while retaining a wire gauge of about 42.5 AWG.

George, the price is for a pair of pickups not a single one, and of all the sets I have available, this one is the least tested in the wild, so whoever wants to try them I will be more than happy to work with you and make sure you get something that works well on your guitar, in fact that applies to any pickup purchase

The more wire you put on a pickup the more difficult it becomes to retain clarity, the Macha in my opinion manages to do that, However it isnt designed to play the blues, it will hit the front of your amp pretty hard and will distort and saturate, Notes will sing and sustain forever, while at the same time maintaining a good degree of separation even when you play chords fully overdriven/distorted.

Its an all out hard rock pickup that wants to be played loud and overdriven without ever turning to mud. You will however need another guitar to play the blues.

Kieran, hows your schedule for doing a demo clip of the Macha ?

edited October 2014
    Declan - give me the guitar with Macha's installed & it'll be no longer than a coupla days - will I need to dust off the old Metalzone?

Better still - break out the 'Wreck & I'll come up to you \m/

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    deacci said:
    Catthan, thanks for the comments, I pulled the patent application at the beginning of September.
    Every time the lawyers had to write a letter it was another £1500 ..... so not for the faint hearted or the almost broke :)

If someone else wants to copy what I have done then good luck to them working it out, but I wont be feeding the lawyers and the patent office any more LOL !!!

That's a shame, though in theory you could just try and finish it off yourself, the actual patent office fees are much less than you'd spend on lawyers. The only downside would be if the application got granted (and therefore published) but turned out to be flawed later.
    Interesting, didn't know it was for a set, apologies.
    George, no apology required, in fact thank you, I need to fix the website, I had another look at the macha page and it clearly states one pickup, you were indeed correct !

http://deacci.com/product/pure-power-macha/