Strat Guitar build advice?

What's Hot
mrkj2000mrkj2000 Frets: 17
Looking at possibly building a relic style strat and looking for info on places to get high quality authentic relic body and neck.i know of monster relic any other company's? Any advice and links would be much appreciated?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Well there is Mark Jenny http://mjtagedfinishes.com/style_s.html I like his light relic stuff best.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    MJT seem to be a very popular choice and I think Haar do the same sort of thing too 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mrkj2000mrkj2000 Frets: 17
    Thanks guys much appreciated
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    Have a look at http://www.eternal-guitars.com he's your man for 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    MJT seem to be a very popular choice and I think Haar do the same sort of thing too 
    As far as I know, MJT just buy the pre-made bodies and necks (USACG etc.) and then relic them. You can buy the individual parts separately if you want.

Haar bodies and necks are all hand built in-house from scratch, and they only really sell complete guitars as far as I am aware.

Have owned a played a few MJT's, and also Haar's. In my experience, the Haar's are a massive increase in quality over an MJT.
    edited May 2014
    Thinking of going MJT as I wish to build one up and it will be in budget . Haar look great so do eternal but only sell whole guitars
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I'd go a slightly different route, and have  a word with @GSPBASSES and see if he has a body and neck going, or GuitarBuild if you just want a body and then have a chat to @Iamf68 about having  it sprayed and relicked to your taste. Graham Muir at raygun relics also does some great finishing work that I'd take ahead of MJT anytime :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    What he ^ said. I'm not ready for the 'Ta Daa ' type reveal just yet but I've verrrryy nearly finished a relic Strat build with a body & neck sourced from Grahame @GSPBASSES and a paint job & Relic'ing done by Rich @lamf68.
    The quality of workmanship displayed by both is nothing short of amazing and they both did me absolutely blinding deals on price as well...

Watch this space
    Thanks for info guys where can I find some more pics of his work? Does he have a website?
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Who we talking GSP or Rich ?

I tell you what PM me your email addy and I'll send you some 'In progress pics' of the paintjob done by Rich if you like ?
    Pmed thanks