Guitar show at Haydock Park - Sunday 18th May

What's Hot
ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
edited May 2014 in Guitar
Did anybody attend? And get pictures of Greeny and Kossoffs Les Paul's as played by Phil Harris? 

I'd be really grateful to see them. I was there, but made a complete bollocks of getting the pics....

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    ourmaninthenorth;16456" said:
    Did anybody attend? And get pictures of Greeny and Kossoffs Les Paul's as played by Phil Harris? 

I'd be really grateful to see them. I was there, but made a complete bollocks of getting the pics....

Cheers
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail some to you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks a million Richard, PM on it's way.

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3297
    Where were they? I kinda forgot to check em out. Ive played the Richards one before, but would like to again 
  • They were in the building next to the one where the main show was housed, bit confusing really. Funnily enough I've played the Mick Taylor burst too...and was talking to it's owner this afternoon at the show.  ;)
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3297
    My friend Dan (DWP effects) was demoing with neil mellor, and I couldn't find them! I totally forgot about it being in next building last year. 
  • I made that mistake last year too, and nearly did the same bloody thing today. So you're not alone.
    ourmaninthenorth;243515" said:
    Thanks a million Richard, PM on it's way.
    Images sent.

If you want to up-load them on to here, I'd be more than happy for you to do so - just never got round to learning how to do it (Luddite!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ourmaninthenorth;243515" said:
    Thanks a million Richard, PM on it's way.
    Images sent.

If you want to up-load them on to here, I'd be more than happy for you to do so - just never got round to learning how to do it (Luddite!)
    You're a diamond Richard, can't thank you enough Pal.  =D>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

edited May 2014
    Worth mentioning the 'burst on a stand on the left of the last picture (the right hand one of the two - the other is a custom built copy of the PG guitar which belongs to Phil Harris) was Paul Kossoff's, the black one behind them was Koss's first LP - a '55 Black Beauty. The one on the right (next to the drum kit) was Keith Richards' 'Satisfaction' guitar....

Phil Harris (though an engaging chap) is not the greatest of players - I was itching to play the intro of 'Need Your Love So Bad' on that guitar!

Still great to be that close to an iconic instrument.....

@ourmaninthenorth you're more than welcome. Thanks for uploading them on to here.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Well being a southerner I am seldom in the North at a weekend but had some business to do so slipped off and had a look at the show and have to say wish someone was organising a show like this down south. Some nice guitars friendly exhibitors, and a few bargains. Cant think of a better way to while away a couple of hours. 

Not really knowing the routine I totally missed the Greeny/Moore bit

But had a good time
    Seems that quite a few of us were there. Next year we probably ought to organise some sort of meet up....
  • markjmarkj Frets: 910
    Any chance of moving this to the guitar section. There would be a lot of interest in this. It was a Fab afternoon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • markj said:
    Any chance of moving this to the guitar section. There would be a lot of interest in this. It was a Fab afternoon.
    I think that's a great suggestion, as the OP maybe the admin can take this as a direct request to do just that? 

Cheers.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    markj said:
    I think that's a great suggestion, as the OP maybe the admin can take this as a direct request to do just that? 

Cheers.
    Done :)
    <space for hire>
  • @digitalscream - Thank you Pal.  =D>
  • markjmarkj Frets: 910
    Okay Phil Harris isn't the best player in the world (wish I could play as good as him) but he played the les Pauls with love and passion he has for these iconic guitars.
  • Hi all. Show organiser here. Thanks to all who came to the Show. Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry for those who didn't find the guitars. (Everyone is given a plan and programme of events when they come in but I guess they don't get read!)

Can I just say that the Stones 'burst was not the Satisfaction guitar. It was the Keith Richards/Mick Taylor one they used on Exile on Main St. However, we didn't know for sure that it was coming until Phil was already on stage so I was just able to hand it to him in between songs and say "here's a Stones 'burst too!" I'm sure we can forgive him for assuming it was the other one.

Some more pictures here:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Nice one!

Good to see a highly valuable guitar like the Green/Moore burst having a Grolsch washer as a strap lock ;-)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited May 2014
    and of course @Guitarshows we get a free stand at the next show you organise?
    :)

there is a precedent, I assure you! And we are the UK's Number 1 guitar website (okay, according to Dolphin Music but they have taste I'm sure).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom