Mooer Hustle Drive - Dead

Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
I went to plug in my Hustle Drive the other day and it was dead. No power LED and no noise. I was a bit disappointed seeing as though it had spent its short life sitting on top of my amp not even being stepped on.

Has anyone else experienced Mooers just dying like this? I'm a little concerned my trelicopter might go the same way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72294
    Not come across that yet… normally they just break when you tread on them, because the pot and the switch aren't mounted properly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
    BTW it does pass signal when it's off (that'll be it being true bypass right ?)
  • NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    Sounds like it could be the power supply connection. You have checked your power supply is okay?
  • NervousJohn;243979" said:
    Sounds like it could be the power supply connection. You have checked your power supply is okay?
    Yarp. And if psu is fine, open the pedal and check for a loose connection around the power input thingymabob. Happened on my old wah, quick dab of solder and it was back.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
    Power is fine. I also opened up both pedals ( the trelicopter) and swapped over the input sockets and cables connecting it to the pcb. Both were fine so.it really is likely to be something busted on the pcb with all those tiny components I'm not hopeful of fixing it.
    :(
  • NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    Do you have a multimeter? If so can you follow the 9V through to the IC?