well a big box has just turned up at my door ;-)

What's Hot
racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
have just taken delivery of a mark jooky special guitar ;-) a million thanks to mark for his kindness would like to say first :-)

man it's bloody fab (and most definitely a one off ;-)

am currently uploading a video of first unboxing (but it's gonna take some time i'm afraid).

he wasn't kidding about the one off finish man ;-p

the guitar itself is a hefty beast (swamp ash tele style body/flame maple-rosewood neck) the neck is faat man!

the pickup looks like something dan dare would have in his radio  (a mojo handwound kay speedbump copy).

wilkinson trem with steel block

kluson split tuners

an esquire 3 way switch vol/tone pot

strung 13-65 A to  faux baritone tuning  (will have to find out how to tune to that tuning/cannot find anything on google with a quick look just now).

pics to come 

am over the moon with it tbh :-)

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Ooh sounds exciting, Mark is without a doubt one of the nicest guys around.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    jonnyburgo;244020" said:
    Ooh sounds exciting, Mark is without a doubt one of the nicest guys around.
    +1.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Be careful though, the Jookster has a habit of posting random body parts to random people.

Enjoy the guitar.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    mike_l said:

Be careful though, the Jookster has a habit of posting random body parts to random people.

I'd like to point out, that that has never been proven in an English court of law..

Glad it got there in the end Adam, have fun :)

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    right here's some pics  ;) apologies for the rubbish pictures/very untidy house. 

just had a quick go through my amp and you can definitely hear it (it does sound very nice). will have to get the hang of playing this tuning/gauge of strings,but i think i can force myself to get the hang of it ;-)

it definitely has weight to it both physical/sound.

oh and i will never mistake it for anything else too ;-) 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

Never before have a chair and a guitar matched retro-wise so well.  The combo looks like a picture from Slade's dressing room circa '73.

Loved that guitar when Jooks put it up.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.

Never before have a chair and a guitar matched retro-wise so well.  The combo looks like a picture from Slade's dressing room circa '73.

Loved that guitar when Jooks put it up.

NNNNOOOOOOOOODDDDDYYYYYYYYYY

http://images.dangerousminds.net/uploads/images/slade-1972-radio-luxemburg--br_450_450.jpg

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    The finish looks like it was done by Tony Hart. With help from Morph! And I mean that as a compliment! I dig the Jooky logo too. Unique.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    hahahahaha awesome :D
    Oooh I want a nice shiny logo for my Jooky!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Yes mega awesome and Mark is definitely mega awesome too.

I'm hoping to meet the man in person soon !!

Believe me i owe him a fair few pints and lunches :)
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    Sorry to disagree with you all, but i'll put my head above the parapet and say that looks awful. Or is that the point and i'm missing something. Looks like a 5 year old threw up on it after their Birthday party!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry to disagree with you all, but i'll put my head above the parapet and say that looks awful. Or is that the point and i'm missing something. Looks like a 5 year old threw up on it after their Birthday party!
    No fair enough, it wasn't meant to be subtle :)

(It'll make more sense when I remember to tell @racefaceec90 that I painted over the plastic on the scratchplate and he needs to take it off  ;)

Adam_MD said:
    @Adam_MD - Remind me of your address, and I'll pop one in the post - and anyone else with a jooky that wants one..

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Is that the smell of piss on chips?

Happy NGD racefaceec90 - enjoy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

Yeah, sorry. I should've said nothing. Especially after re-reading and seeing all the comments about Jooky being such a nice guy.

I could just see Mark D Phillips putting something like that up, and the huge line of forumites waiting to kick him for it!

Ultimately If raceface90 is happy with it. That's all that matters.

A belated Happy NGD!

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    tbh i can understand that the finish is a bit er unique shall we say ;-)

i like it though,and it does look like a piece of art (and will never mistake it for another guitar in a crowd :-)

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Thats.....errrr......interesting...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    ElectroDan;244257" said:
    Yeah, sorry. I should've said nothing. Especially after re-reading and seeing all the comments about Jooky being such a nice guy.I could just see Mark D Phillips putting something like that up, and the huge line of forumites waiting to kick him for it!Ultimately If raceface90 is happy with it. That's all that matters.A belated Happy NGD!
    Don't be daft man, it's cool. It is hardly MOR and it was meant to be fun :)

In truth the guitar was something I'd used to try a few things out. The pickup is a prototype i wanted to try - and glad I did as it sounds amazing -  ICBM turned me on to the faux baritone thing and the 'finish' was a mix of a few things I'd been concocting. You can't tell from the fotos, but the glitter is fierce and the purple is opalescent. It's nice some people like it, but everything is a matter of taste (or lack of), so each to their own ;) Tis all cool

JookyChap;244187" said:
    Adam_MD said:

@Adam_MD - Remind me of your address, and I'll pop one in the post - and anyone else with a jooky that wants one..
    Very mind sir pm incoming @JookyChap