NGD or 3

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
I'll do proper fotos, but the weekend saw a couple of forum bargains hit Jooky Acres, following on from something a bit swish last week..

First up @trotter's time-stained Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute Gold Top..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tWtoPZXU95Q/U3knKT3cdaI/AAAAAAAAHVo/voIBn-Op-vU/s1600/Goldy1.jpg

This is going to get a refinish as it is rather lovely but sadly relicified/abused (not by Trotter, I might add)

Next was probably the bargain of the decade from @iseverynamegone, an Edwards Les Paul, which is gobsmackingly good. Still rather stunned by it, and what a fine chap to deal with too, despite my best efforts at screwing things up, as per.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-naV44NCqeFI/U3knKla5waI/AAAAAAAAHVs/qETWpfTyV8U/s1600/Eddy1.jpg

Third isn't actually mine, it was intended for a neighbour who bottled it and was instead purloined for my son. It is the first ever La Cabronita from the hottest new 'Hot Rod Guitar' shop, from our own @DrBob.
He won't thank me for saying this, but he has made an adolescent boy very happy.

Err, moving on.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4zwbYUrTYJ8/U3cxvSqlu4I/AAAAAAAAHTY/9hZZojc3Niw/s1600/SAM_1187.JPG

And finally, I made a wee La cab of my own, though not as posh as the good Doctor's, but all very pearly and queen-like...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hRKqUWEv3f8/U3nudkTgwAI/AAAAAAAAHXQ/--exrSmOaBw/s1600/SAM_1212.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kMPSvnR4grE/U3ntiwKNLgI/AAAAAAAAHWo/Uq5wMy8O0_s/s1600/SAM_1207.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-STrL9O7MhBY/U3ntuJTbL5I/AAAAAAAAHWw/xfiv63-Wwgg/s1600/SAM_1208.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Q919M3CP_7k/U3nup-W_rSI/AAAAAAAAHXY/UW2zvkhqZT8/s1600/SAM_1213.JPG

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Blimey, you've had a good go!

Looking forward to seeing how the tribute turns out as I looked at it a couple of times but refinishing is out of my realm of expertise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 871
    Nice. That blue cabronita is near identical to mine
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Where'd ye get the time to play em???!!!

I was gonna put something in about Rob making boys happy, but that would be juvenile and in poor taste.

Pffffffffffffffff. ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    jd0272 said:
    Where'd ye get the time to play em???!!!

Play them?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    JookyChap said:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tWtoPZXU95Q/U3knKT3cdaI/AAAAAAAAHVo/voIBn-Op-vU/s1600/Goldy1.jpg

This is going to get a refinish as it is rather lovely but sadly relicified/abused (not by Trotter, I might add)

That doesn't look too bad. You could make it much better by relic'ing it a bit more, but well… instead of looking like it's had a bit scraped away with a Swiss Army knife.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM;244130" said:
    JookyChap said:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tWtoPZXU95Q/U3knKT3cdaI/AAAAAAAAHVo/voIBn-Op-vU/s1600/Goldy1.jpg

That doesn't look too bad. You could make it much better by relic'ing it a bit more, but well… instead of looking like it's had a bit scraped away with a Swiss Army knife.
    Have you seen the ad with the, er... Creative wear on the side? It's funny, I suppose, in a way... :p

However, it was an amazing bargain that I nearly snapped up myself but luckily (and sadly) put the brakes on. Congrats jooky, looking forward to seeing how that one turns out :D
    Yeah, the front doesn't, the side where they had scraped in 'rude words' (though my son has covered them with plasters to save his lil sis's eyes) and the back and neck are pretty grim....

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    wow excellent :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    JookyChap said:

You make sure you take good care of that one.

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    I've steered #1 brat toward the gold top, believe me :)

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    I'll take the Edwards when you're ready good sir ;)
  • I'll pass the fiver I promised you for the good review when I come down to your garden for the FB car boot.

Enjoy the Edwards and please don't sell it too hastily (whatever that time frame is in Jookyville)
    I'll pass the fiver I promised you for the good review when I come down to your garden for the FB car boot.

Enjoy the Edwards and please don't sell it too hastily (whatever that time frame is in Jookyville)
    I thought we said a tenner? Never mind.. ;)

No, I think this one may just be a k-kk-. I mean, k-k-kee...

No, still can't say that word

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Have you seen the ad with the, er... Creative wear on the side? It's funny, I suppose, in a way... :p
    Ah… found it. I see :).

Nothing that a back and sides strip to natural and refinish won't cure - which is what a Goldtop should have anyway ;). I'd leave the top though. Just carefully sand out a bit more around the 'arm wear' spot and make it look less like a maniac has been at it :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

That's pretty much the plan (though I must admit, a tincher of 24karat gold leaf could really look good...)

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    JookyChap;244242" said:
    That's pretty much the plan (though I must admit, a tincher of 24karat gold leaf could really look good...)
    I dare you to stay tasteful on this one. Actually double dare :P

Natural back and sides would look great, especially a nice tru oil finish.

Adam_MD said:

I'm going to I think, it is too nice already.. A nice B7 will set it off a treat :)

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    JookyChap;244281" said:
    Adam_MD said:

I'm going to I think, it is too nice already.. A nice B7 will set it off a treat :)
    Why is there no hat tipping smiley? That will look great. Take your time on it though... I need time to get the funds together to buy it a week after you finish it :-\"
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    I'll take the Edwards when you're ready good sir ;)
    Oi, there's a queue you know.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    JookyChap said:
    Yeah, the front doesn't, the side where they had scraped in 'rude words' (though my son has covered them with plasters to save his lil sis's eyes) and the back and neck are pretty grim....

Are the words ruder than "bottom"?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)