WTD: pair of higher end humbuckers

What's Hot
TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
I have a truly special Lp that is killer in everyway other than the pickups. Looking for some good quality humbuckers to put in it. Open to any suggestions anyone may have. I have a set of shed PAF's in one of my sg's which sound great to my ears so something perhaps PAF esque would be a good place to start I think? As said open to suggestions so hit me! :)

Thanks all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    Sorry wrong section! Posted from my phone! If a lovely mod could move for me that would be great. Sorry bout that!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Bulldog, or Oil City.

I has a Bulldog in the bridge of my Jackson. T'is awesomes.

Actually, from speaking to Photek, you're not too far from me, if you'd like to try and see what you think.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ what he said ^

There is a new kid on the block, too, Deacci pickups (see Made in UK section).  It sounds like they are making pickups in a different way, though you might want to write to them and see what all the marketing adds up to.  
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Honestly best pickups I've ever had in a les Paul are the SD Slash model, they are just brilliant. I don't mean the best ones if you want to sound like Slash either.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    There was a matched set of Bare Knuckle Mules for sale in the classifieds.  I have had two different BKs and they were great, but I'm trying Oil City next.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Had Duncan Pearly Gates bridge and a Jeff Beck neck in one LP and v nice they are.

Other LP a matched set of Shed Zeppelin's in. These are v v nice, dead raw sounding if that makes any sense?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    Lollar Imperial.
    Simply superb.