Parcelfarce & NGD ruined....

What's Hot

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
    Raise a claim now with Payoal.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Seller sounds an arse, why people ship anything with parcel farce I don't know, there are many better companies and they are usually cheaper too.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    edited May 2014

ebay and paypal

about the best (only good) thing they do is for genuine buyer complaints they guarantee refunds

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Van_Hayden;244997" said:
    And now he wants me to call him....
    I'd swerve that, you want a paper trail.

I don't understand why people think you can whack a bit of tape around a hard case the guitar shifts in and chuck it in the post with fingers crossed. Especially a semi!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    To be fair, when my PRS Hollowbody arrived by Parcel Farce, the seller had actually wrapped the case in two bin liners as well as some brown parcel tape.

:-O

The Parcel Farce guy (who I know vaguely) actually gave me a claim form before he left… but to my slight surprise, it was undamaged.

My first Rickenbacker 4001 arrived in its case, with a piece of tape over each latch and a courier sticker (not Parcel Farce this time, I don't remember which one) on the side! Bass also undamaged, although I don't know if the case foot was broken before or during shipping...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

When I was posting out guitars in any hardcase, I always cut down toilet roll tubes to fit upright inside the case, and then placed them around the outline of the guitar wherever I could.  I hen boxed the case with padding between the outside of the case and inside of the box.

I worked on the assumption it would be at the bottom of a big pile of boxes in a cage at the hub.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    sorry to see that pic mate :(

all I can say is what I've said many times: why buy guitars and then trust other people to deliver them to you? Always buy from somewhere that you can collect from!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    In a case like this, I assume you will have to send the guitar back before they payout?
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    What a bastard! I would courier a Strat or Tele, but I think anything remotely fragile like that would be cash on collection. Sorry to see your NGD ruined.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Sorry to see that picture, the guitar looked fantastic pre damage. Hope you get it sorted out asap.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Gru said:
    In a case like this, I assume you will have to send the guitar back before they payout?
    Yes, unless the seller agrees to first - and if you're doing it as part of a dispute you need to follow the Paypal rules exactly to the letter: use only a trackable, signed-for-delivery courier service. (Read and check the rules before doing anything in case it's changed.) If you stick exactly to the rules and can prove you've returned it, you will get your money back. You can also claim for the return shipping if the seller gets stroppy about that too.

I've had to make two claims against sellers like this - luckily for nothing as upsetting as a broken guitar - and both times got every last penny of my costs back despite the seller initially refusing a return or refund.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1075
    Sorry to see such a nice looking guitar get damaged like this :( hope you can get something sorted

One thing id recommend doing to anyone these days when buying any thing offline that needs delivering,be it guitars,laptops,phones ect ect is to record yourself an unboxing video making sure that you show the box is sealed and hasn't been opened or tampered with and film any areas of any damage that you see on the outer packaging that look sus before you cut it open and continue to record as you remove it from its packing and inspect it.

That way you have 100% proof that the item was damaged before you opened it and wont have to put up with the "how do i know you didn't damage it" BS,sure its a bit of a ball ache but it will give you solid ground if you have to make a claim,one other thing always make sure you write "unchecked" on the proof of receipt slip/machine.

Again good luck in getting something sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    That's a cracking guitar.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, sorry it's really to soon for asshole jokes.

ParcelForce are total fuck wits. I sent a guitar earlier in the year and they shafted it good and proper. Shag all support and they made me jump through hoops . A very different situation, though as £80 is alot easier to write off. I'm guessing the Gretsch costs a pretty penny.

If you're the friendly type try and get it resolved as nicely as possible. On the other hand if you're fuming, send it back to the seller in the same packaging and claim a full refund including shipping costs. Ultimatley it is the sellers responsibility as far as Parcel Force are concerned and it will be him that is responsible for the claim (though you can also fill details in).

I don't mind doing mail order from big shops like Richtone who can afford to see you good. But from an ebay or forum (sorry) seller? Fuck no.

Really hope this gets sorted.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    That got a laugh from me!
    The wonders of hindsight. The video is a good idea, a better idea is to avoid ebay & private sellers....
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Gawds

I have a tele inbound with parcel farce tomorrow .........
    edited May 2014
    Don't worry a Tele wont intonate properly damaged or not.
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    its the sellers fault as far as I am concerned.

If you opt for a cheap courier with a reputation of a greek baggage handler for care you package the shit out of the thing. 
    I always pack on the assumption the guitar will be thrown around into a van/warehouse/stairs etc. 

Sorry to see the damage, it made me wince
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    It's a nice guitar which makes it even worse....