Parcelfarce & NGD ruined....

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    ThePrettyDamned;245798" said:

even had one not bother knocking for a signed for delivery, he just left the parcel leaning against the front door.

Oh that's okay, I wanted my xbox to be left outside.
    I had that with a Strat delivered by shittylink last week. Fecker definitely never bothered to knock (ok I'm a bit deaf but the dog goes ballistic if anyone does knock or ring and he never budged). The driver just left it outside the front door. Bearing in mind that a) we live on a reasonably busy road and it could easily be spotted and b) it was in a Gibson box, it was a prime candidate for getting nicked.

UPS all the way for me.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    boogieman said:
    Bearing in mind that a) we live on a reasonably busy road and it could easily be spotted and b) it was in a Gibson box, it was a prime candidate for getting nicked.
    Nah. In a Gibson box delivered by Shittylink, the chavs all know it will cost them about two hundred to have the headstock glued back on before they can fence it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I lol'd at that. Probably true though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    It only came from Essex.... Waiting for a reply. I may start the ebay procedure anyway, I'll give it a few hours. Shame, it's a great guitar. And actually never had any luck with my green car thinking about it!
    Yes, start it. Get your money back. It's tough on the seller but it's their failure to pack properly and to use a decent delivery method. 

If you ever buy a guitar online in the future and it arrives damaged, always take pictures of the packaging and the damage the momoent you unpack. 

• martmart Frets: 5205
    boogieman said:
    I had that with a Strat delivered by shittylink last week.
    ....  it was in a Gibson box, ....
    Cunning - if people had known there was a Strat in there it would definitely have been nicked! ;)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    If I am posting a pedal, amp or guitar, I see it as my responsibility to insure it.  I have always paid extra for more cover if requried.  If the seller of this guitar has not covered himself, it's hard on him, but his choice to use the service he did.  I'd expect a full refund if this happened to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    chrisj1602 said:
    If I am posting a pedal, amp or guitar, I see it as my responsibility to insure it.  I have always paid extra for more cover if requried.
    But do you check the small print to ensure that the cover you've paid for is not worthless because musical instruments are limited to a much lower value?

A lot of people get caught like this by Parcel Farce and some others.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    ICBM said:
    chrisj1602 said:
    If I am posting a pedal, amp or guitar, I see it as my responsibility to insure it.  I have always paid extra for more cover if requried.
    But do you check the small print to ensure that the cover you've paid for is not worthless because musical instruments are limited to a much lower value?

Our post office wave a big piece of paper at you with disclaimers on, then draw the obvious ones to your attention,  they don't seem to cover much!  

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    awh man that sucks, hope you can sort something out. parcelforce dont offer comp against damaged musical intruments though, only loss. 

ive always used parcelforce so far, posted a handful of guitars and also an amp. so far theres not been an issue. my fairly ocd packing may help though, im a nervous user of couriers thats for sure. 
  • I once had a guitar delivered that was posted in a gig bag wrapped in one layer of parcel paper. When it arrived the paper was a bit ripped but the guitar was fine (a Korean Fender Strat). The mind genuinely boggles. I've also received delivery of a semi hollowbody that was not sent in a case, but in an absolute pass the parcel style mess of nested boxes and packing chips. It was also fine, but it took me bloody ages to get rid of all the packaging! I hope you manage to get your money back of course, that sucks. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    edited May 2014
    ICBM said:
    chrisj1602 said:

I have used interparcel to send an amplifier and guitars, and musical instruments were not prohibited or restricted on their terms and conditions.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    ICBM said:
    He's screwed. But he should have read the small print or asked online for advice before being *defrauded* (which in my opinion is what it is) by Parcel Farce. They will happily take your money for the insurance in the full knowledge that it's a musical instrument you're sending and that therefore the insured value does not apply. This is no different to the banks mis-selling PPI or any other form of intentionally selling of a product which doesn't deliver what you've paid for.
    This!

It's a scam.

But then, paying insurance on postage seems ridiculous anyway, I've already paid you to get it from A to B, why do I need to insure against you not doing what I've paid you for?

I don't have to take out insurance against food poisioning at a restaurant or against train accidents when I travel by rail.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Man that's terrible, I really feel for you. I hope you get it sorted out.

It really rattles my cage that Parcelforce get away with this shit. Makes a complete mockery out of even buying insurance. My ex sax guy had his sax stolen from the boot of his car. When he tried to get some money back from his insurance, the sax wasnt covered because it's wasn't a valuable item! Like say jewellery or a diving watch.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Well thanks for the sympathy guys! I've opened a case as he's gone quiet, I suspect I'll have to pay for the return postage, unless anyone knows different??
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Was anybody else at home when it arrived, so you have a witness? The seller probably has a misspelling claim against Parcelforce although it would cost more than the guitar in this case. Feel sorry for all concerned really. A nice guitar and not deserving of such a sorry end.   
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    No just me - parcel force really cocked up so I hope he has more of a chance. They put it in the wrong service then lost the barcode and had to create a new consignment. Daft thing is I bet they'd pay out if it was lost!

It's a really great guitar. Shame. Although this model has a solid top that's really very thin, which hasn't helped at all.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Evilmags said:
    The seller probably has a misspelling claim against Parcelforce although it would cost more than the guitar in this case.   
    No, it was the buyer who misspelled it. It's in the thread title. 

;)
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Well thanks for the sympathy guys! I've opened a case as he's gone quiet, I suspect I'll have to pay for the return postage, unless anyone knows different??

As a fellow guitarist and a fool that occasionally does a bit of buying & selling on eBay I'm gutted for both you and I've got an amount of sympathy for the seller.

It might help to know that I recently raised a case with eBay (not a guitar mind) and they found in my favour. They sent me a pre-paid return address label (to the seller's address) so I wouldn't be out of pocket. The only things is the service they used was ParcelForce 48 - which might just add insult to injury in this case.

We are all Chameleons...
    In both cases where I had to force a full refund with a Paypal dispute, I was able to submit the shipping purchase details to Paypal and they refunded me the money, presumably from the seller's account (since Paypal don't like to lose money either). As usual, read the Paypal terms and conditions and follow them to the letter.

It really hurts to be a seller on the receiving end of a spurious claim when the buyer knows this, but the plain fact is that Paypal and Ebay side with the buyer unless the seller can prove absolutely that they're in the right, and often even then. Which is one reason I no longer sell on Ebay - those are the rules and if you don't like them then you shouldn't sell there.

My sympathy for the seller only goes as far as being an unwitting victim of something that he opened himself up to by not doing enough to find out what the potential problems of selling online are. If you need money, you shouldn't sell something on Ebay and then pack it badly and send it via a courier with a terrible reputation and useless insurance...

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    Oooo that sucks, not what you want to see when you open the box.

I just sent some eBay'd bike forks via City Link (slaps self), and the buyer said he didn't receive them. City Link provided a signature proof of delivery (case closed, thought I), but they guy said he didn't recognise it (he seemed legit, used his work email etc). On further investigation with the driver, City Link paid the insurance out to me, so I'm guessing the signature was made up by the driver. By the way I purchased it via P4D, who were excellent throughout. Done with this eBay crap now I think.

Conversely, I sold my Strat to Kevguitarman of this parish (via Facebook), and he came to my house with loads of £20 notes, much nicer experience! :)
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.