Those infernal Klon components...

What's Hot
Hi,

does anyone know where I can get 422k and 390k resistors? these are for the APIs boards ... hoping to squeeze it into a 1590a ;)
A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    I assume 392k?

I've never managed to get these in 1/8w sizes.  Always used a 430k and 390k, close enough, and measuring a few to get the closest.

PM me your address and I'll send you some.
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 332
    RS 754-5749 for the 422k

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/through-hole-fixed-resistors/7545749/

390k pretty widely available - but from RS (e.g.) 149-157 (but you could probably get physically smaller ones)

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/through-hole-fixed-resistors/0149127/

Have you got the capacitors yet? I found them to be pigs to find in the correct values. In the end I bought a Zentaurus kit from uk-electronics as it had all the "correct" value components.

http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_reviews.php?products_id=1253&language=en
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Thanks @marauder - I've just put in an order at mouser uk :S for a 390k figuring it was inside the 10% tolerance. :)
    @Misterg - not sure how I feel using a German site again after a looooooooooooooooooong wait for Banzai :(
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    edited May 2014
    The 422k from RS is 1/4w, the Apis needs 1/8w, unless you put them in vertically which looks a but untidy.

Panasonic ECQ caps for all values 10nf and above,  available from Farnell,  CPC do some of the values, and sometimes cheaper with free delivery on any size order.  Ideally you need the 5-7mm high caps, rated 16V and above for the electrolytics to fit in a 1590A
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 332
    marauder said:
    ...the Apis needs 1/8w, unless you put them in vertically which looks a but untidy.
    Ahh - wiser now. :)

(@ frankus, IIRC, the uk-electronics.de delivery was pretty quick)
    Okay, I'll bear that in mind :)

I put all the resistors vertically in the first APIs I made ;) I am untidy :(