Live from 2020 studios -Kapsel perform Tubular bells

This was recorded completely live with everybody playing at the same time in Live room one. Much as endless drum edits and multiple takes of everything can be fun (not) you can't beat a real band all playing together and recording a performance

Playing together is remarkably cheaper too ... that song cost £20 to record :)
www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I like that, it's ace, well done!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    @GIJoe thanks muchly

I just wanted to point out this isn't my band, it's an originals band who came in my studio and recorded three songs completely live, 2 originals and this TB cover
    What's interesting from a recording \ studio point of view to recording geeks like me is everything was done ol'skool .... all the effects are made by the performers and printed rather than added in post,  and the drum sound comes from the sound of the room it's self and mic placement rather than any cool mixing post production. I was in the control room while tracking and it was pretty much that without a plugin in sight in Protools and nothing added on the desk

I think it's a good example of how quickly you can record if your well rehearsed too. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Danny1969 said:
    @GIJoe thanks muchly

I just wanted to point out this isn't my band, it's an originals band who came in my studio and recorded three songs completely live, 2 originals and this TB cover
    What's interesting from a recording \ studio point of view to recording geeks like me is everything was done ol'skool .... all the effects are made by the performers and printed rather than added in post,  and the drum sound comes from the sound of the room it's self and mic placement rather than any cool mixing post production. I was in the control room while tracking and it was pretty much that without a plugin in sight in Protools and nothing added on the desk

I think it's a good example of how quickly you can record if your well rehearsed too. 
    Nice one, the kit sounds immense too, well everything does  :)

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Sounds great. I reckon you need to already be pretty good at balancing your sound in rehearsal though to get away with it, these guys were obviously on great form though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Very nice, I enjoyed that! Good video as well.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    That was great, I'll have to check out some of their own tunes.

Sounds great. I reckon you need to already be pretty good at balancing your sound in rehearsal though to get away with it, these guys were obviously on great form though.

So, so true - probably the greatest skill any musician can develop is dynamic control within the group.

The original was played live on the BBC back in the 70s (with Steve Hillage on guitar) and recorded and mixed 'ol'skool' ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ydvNpcQIE