Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Wait until they start making guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    If they could do a tiny one that'd be excellent :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Just measured up my board. My Diago is 75mm wide, and fits everything. So if I had my volume and wah off to the side, the Joyo would work. I don't *need* it, but am sorta interested.
  • octatonic;24468" said:
    Wait until they start making guitars.
    They'd probably be quite hard to play - I'm assuming necks would be very narrow, frets would be very close to each other and probably no room on board for pick-ups.....

Be they'll be cheap though....
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    They'd probably be quite hard to play - I'm assuming necks would be very narrow, frets would be very close to each other and probably no room on board for pick-ups.....

Be they'll be cheap though....
    Aren't you talking about Mooer instead?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;24604" said:
    Aren't you talking about Mooer instead?
    Aye, you're right. I get easily confused - its an age thing....
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2013
    Interesting that they've gone for what look like permanent wheels.  I actually think that is a downside, since it is a potential weak point when packing it in a car/van and it also makes it a weird shape.  I have the Pedaltrain 2 hardcase and it is very sturdy indeed, I'm not sure this Joyo will be as strong, but it depends on your needs also.
  • I spent sufficiently long on the loo last night with my smart phone that I looked them up on the joyo site and there are 3 sizes. All sorts of interesting stuff on there as well - wireless systems, amps,etc. be interesting to see if anything else makes it to these shores.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I spent sufficiently long on the loo last night with my smart phone that I looked them up on the joyo site and there are 3 sizes. All sorts of interesting stuff on there as well - wireless systems, amps,etc. be interesting to see if anything else makes it to these shores.
    Indeed...it's starting to look like they're positioning themselves directly against Behringer with regards to the clone market for guitar gear - and, frankly, their stuff looks better.
    <space for hire>
  • i like the way they've thought about power supply with out having to drill holes. not sure how stable it is, but hey, if it holds well...thats a bonus over pedaltrain.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31577
    I spent sufficiently long on the loo last night with my smart phone that I looked them up on the joyo site and there are 3 sizes. All sorts of interesting stuff on there as well - wireless systems, amps,etc. be interesting to see if anything else makes it to these shores.
    Indeed...it's starting to look like they're positioning themselves directly against Behringer with regards to the clone market for guitar gear - and, frankly, their stuff looks better.
    I'm not so sure. Joyo seem to be aiming more at the analogue "retro" market, and while I love some of their stuff, I'm glad it's cheap enough for me to buy backups. Plenty of shoddy wiring, crackly pots and switches, loose parts etc.

Say what you like about Behringer, but reliability is pretty good, and I have LOADS of their stuff in my studio. I've done quite a few BBC Radio sessions, and there's a lot of Behringer in their racks too.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Noise has been the consistent issue across all behringer products I've owned. I prefer joyo by a wide margin.

• Interesting that they've gone for what look like permanent wheels.  I actually think that is a downside, since it is a potential weak point when packing it in a car/van and it also makes it a weird shape.  I have the Pedaltrain 2 hardcase and it is very sturdy indeed, I'm not sure this Joyo will be as strong, but it depends on your needs also.

I'm not sure I agree with whoever face palmed me for that post? 

A) Anything that sticks out from a uniform shape like a a pedal case is a potential weak point.  Fine for light use but I've seen enough stuff thrown/skidded across van floors to not want any bits that could break off.

B) The wheels look small and small wheels tend to get clogged up with hair/other rubbish.  As someone who leaves gear at rehearsal spaces (which are usually dirty and if carpeted never hoovered) I've experienced this before.  I've actually swapped a set of wheels on an cab before because they were permanently getting clogged and not rolling, which was down to the design.  I tend to use a folding trolley these days as it is better than most wheels you'd fit to gear, plus the wheels will go over rough ground whereas stuff like amp castors won't very well.

C) The most recent PT2HC has a proper ATA rated flight case AFAIK, this Joyo design doesn't seem to be.  That would make the PT a stronger design.

I thought my post was fairly reasoned :)