SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Good rhythm guitarist needed (Peterborough)

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26461
As it says - we're a female-fronted originals outfit playing heavy-ish rock. Just had to let our rhythm guitarist go for lack of enthusiasm/dedication, and we're looking to replace him.

Here are a couple of demos to give you an idea of what we're about:

We've almost finished recording the album, and by the time you join us we'll (in theory) have it mixed and mastered, ready to go. We've got a PR company on board to promote the album, and we're aiming to tour in September/October (we do have a few more gigs between now and then, too).

In case you hadn't guessed, we're taking this pretty seriously...and we'd hope that you do too.

What do you need? Well...

- Solid rhythm player, not put off if you have to learn new stuff or really work at it
- Can do a few solos where required- We'd prefer that you're over 25 (younger than that is fine if you've got the dedication, but no less than 18)
- A car or a van (the latter will win points)
- Good gig-worthy gear, and the ability to set up and maintain it well
- Commitment
- The ability to take at least one day off, four weeks in a row for the tour (we're doing 3 days/week for 4 weeks)
- Act like an adult (it's depressingly surprising how many don't)
- Don't be a control-freak
- Don't be an attention-seeker or a diva
- Don't try to change the direction of the band - we're pretty comfortable with it, thanks, but aside from that you will have as much creative input as everyone else

What are you waiting for?
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Shame you are that bit too far away from me. 

I've always fancied doing a bit of metal rhythm and you could do the diddley-diddley bits for me :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26461
    Stop tormenting me with your nearly-availability :P
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Don't worry the temptation to try and play metal on a Tennessee Rose would get the better of me and you'd be completely drowned out by my Neil Young style feedback explosion.
  • I'm not the man for you (bit young, have future commitments for study etc) but I do like your band. Sounds great :) good luck in the search!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26461
    I'm not the man for you (bit young, have future commitments for study etc) but I do like your band. Sounds great :) good luck in the search!
    Cheers, man :) Nearly finished tracking the album - finishing touches and editing this weekend - and then it's off to Cottage Road Studio in Leeds to be mixed. I'm ridiculously excited ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Nice one :D

I've been recording a few bits and bobs this morning, and I know I really need to get together with other folks and exchange ideas.  I have plenty of good ones, but it's not fully there or cohesive.  Just a bit mishmash sadly.  

If you were not going quite so serious, I'd be well up for it but I know I'd just be wasting your time.  It sounds like you guys are really going somewhere though :D keep me posted, I really liked Assassins, great riffs! 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22097
    I was all up for it until I came to the bit about not changing the direction of the band. Bluegrass disco will be huge, I tells you!

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Shame im not still out wisbech way!
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    timmysoft said:
    Is it a shame? Really?

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    edited June 2014
    Bidley said:
    timmysoft said:
    Is it a shame? Really?

;)

If he did still live there, he could have applied to be a Street Marshall for the duration of the World Cup... :)

http://m.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/latest-news/street-marshall-scheme-launches-in-wisbech-1-6097328
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Bidley said:
    timmysoft said:
    Is it a shame? Really?

;)

I live in much nicer Norwich now, there's much less in the way of knife crime and pagan sacrifice. Planning on moving abroad in the next few years though (sooner if those clowns in UKIP get in), either Tallinn, Eindhoven or Warsaw.