SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS and maybe FT Roland SPD-S Sample Drums Pad + extras - Now Sold

johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
edited October 2013 in Misc £

For sale @ £200 ono and buyer pays for postage Roland SPD-S, I may trade especially a p/ex of a Boss DR500/600 series drum machine. May do a deal on a Boss DR-880 too,

It will ship with the manual, bracket to mount it, disks and CF card reader etc shown on the Photo Bucket pictures and in the original manufacturer’s box.

The reason I am moving on my Roland SPD-S is mainly because I use software more these days. So I am selling it on to fund new toys.

It comes with a original paper manual and PDF along with an installed 2GB compact flash card for storing loads of wavs, patch info and various other performance data/parameters.

The SPD-S will come having been reset back to factory defaults to make it easier for the buyer to use if starting out.

Also it includes a wee rudimentary compact flash card to USB device as shown in the pictures, it does work fine but is old and who knows how long it will last, but it has the good grace to be free.

It is also great for triggering samples etc on your PC or another external module.

I will put all the software etc for it on a CD/DVD to go with the SPD-S and it has been flashed to the newest available firmware.

It has 6 main pads and 3 edge pad triggers with a few controls to edit and use the samples, loops and phrases. They also work in real-time too for further tone sampling/mangling.

There are some pretty decent FX’s onboard which can be edited/used very easily plus sound great and can be recorded with phrases or used in real time..

The spec is really very good and is very tactile to use as its sensitivity can be set for each pad and some other parameters to make it suit your playing style or whether sticks or hands.

Here is a link to my pictures in Photo Bucket so you can see it is in good condition and has been looked after.

Due to its nature there are stick marks that are not highly noticeable and it has had light use.

http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/johnnyurq/library/Roland%20SPD-S?sort=3&page=1

Also here is a review from a trusted site and of course the Roland product site.

http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/mar08/articles/rolandspds.htm

http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=537

Feel free to contact me for further info or more pictures.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Roland SPD-S/SPD-SSoftware8_zpse97f17dc.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Roland SPD-S/SPD-SSoftware4_zpsfad9c5b3.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Roland SPD-S/SPD-SSoftware5_zps53522ac7.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited September 2013
    Open to offers and trades. 

Team this up with Samba_83's Roland KD-8 and one more trigger for a compact leccy kit ish.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    I'm thinking that I've got an old (obviously), unloved and (therefore) unused DR500 lurking in a cupboard someplace.

No real need for a set of pads though.  :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • That sounds like it might do for my nefarious puposes @TTony depending how much you want for it I may be up for buying it. Ideally when I sell the SPD-S but who knows maybe before. 

The SPD-S is a great tool that I unfortunately do not use much these days and need to create space and funds for new shizzle.

As well as a recording and MIDI input tool it can be used live to trigger samples, drum loops & phrases and as an addition of sampled drums/instruments/phrases to compliment the drum kit.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7779
    edited September 2013
    so tempted by this - no money right now though :(

how old is it ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    johnnyurq said:
    That sounds like it might do for my nefarious puposes @TTony depending how much you want for it I may be up for buying it. Ideally when I sell the SPD-S but who knows maybe before. 

I have absolutely no idea what it's worth!

I guess evilBay will tell all ... Been out all day today, so will check prices tomorrow.
    edited September 2013
    @Paul_C

It is about 3 years old but not had a hard life and even the pads are not too marked, bar light stick marks.

I can hold on to it for a while for you if you wish because not in a mental rush to sell it in.

The 2GB CF card means you can have loads of samples, sampled drum, kits loops and phrases loaded in the SPD-S so it is self contained. Of course it can trigger via MIDI to offboard devices too or a MAC/PC/Laptop via a USB to MIDI interface.

You can also convert any samples you have to a format the SPD-S can use and there is an input for sampling a mic or any other audio source with an input volume control. 

You can then edit/resample them on the SPD-S or on your computer etc using the CF USB card reader.

Pretty flexible unit all round.

Also I may take a part exchange of summat shiny or maybe even swaps if it is something of similar value.
  • TTony said:
    I have absolutely no idea what it's worth!

I guess evilBay will tell all ... Been out all day today, so will check prices tomorrow.

Nice one @TTony I will await a price.
    Dug it out ... It's a DR-5 rather than the DR500.  So probably not what you're wanting.
  • I did own a DR-5 years ago and sold it for buttons but if it was cheap enough I may still be interested.
    @johnnyurq

Sorry - not been ignoring you - I've been trying to track down the PSU to check that the DR5 worked.  Unsuccessfully so far.  I have found the original, and very un-thumbed user manual though, and the box is 99% sure to be in the loft.

PM me an offer if you like?
    edited September 2013
    @TTony

I will have a wee look around and see what the going rate is and take it from there.
  • @TTony

Did you get my PM?

I wasn't confident it successfully went or not.
    Sold on t'Bay for £235.