Song suggestions for solo busky style set with not much strumming

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9696
edited May 2014 in Live

So, I'm busking at a summer fete, there are two other acts, one is an acoustic guitar duo. When I did it last year, I felt we covered too much similar ground.

So this year, one option is to do electric instead of acoustic to give variety. But I don't want anything with too much strummy, I really dislike it on acoustics when people just strum with that annoying strummy rhythm, worse still with electric

So, what songs might you guys recommend trying? Needs to be fairly upbeat but chilled, family friendly though not necessarily songs they'll know., you know the sort of thing

Last year I played a few White stripes songs, homeward bound by Simon n garfunkel, Anji, and Cool Drink of Water blues. Though I'm not too keen to do blues again! So far, I'm fancying murdering Daft Punk's Digital Love, slowed down version of singing in the rain, something by the strokes, and maybe another stripes song (we are going to be friends maybe). I may or may not use back tracks, depends on which songs I think Cheers!

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom