SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1997 Fender Deluxe Series Powerhouse Strat - £300 if gone this weekend!

What's Hot
ThatWasleyThatWasley Frets: 4
edited June 2014 in Guitars £
Temporary Price Reduction: If gone this weekend, I'll take £300, which is the price of a second hand Mexican standard at the going rate so it's a damn bargain folks!

I'm probably gonna regret this one but I've seen something else for sale that I REALLY fancy, and this is the only guitar I'm prepared to let go in order to get it, so...

1997 Fender deluxe powerhouse strat, Made in Mexico.

Now before I go any further, I'm going to say up front that the actual MDX circuit has been removed from the wiring rig, so would need to be refitted (and a new battery clip purchased for it too, as the only way to remove was to clip that off) but what this has (once put back in!) is effectively a Clapton-style midboost circuit in it, which when powered by a battery, gives you a 12db mid-boost which I believe was activated from the middle pot!

I've never actually used the MDX circuit as I took it out and replaced the bridge pup with a Tex-Mex pup, effectively turning it into a Jimmy Vaughan strat in all but name, but that's neither here nor there, just thought I'd explain why I can't tell you a great deal about it, lol.

These MAY have been made in Mexico but believe me they're on par with the US guitars and the £915 rpp gives you an indication as to why. Don't have the wammy bar for it, but dare say I can find one somewhere if needed (my old man may have a spare kicking about even if I don't!)

The guitar has seen plenty of use, little dings on the body, wear to the fretboard as shown in the photo's and the finish has gone a little more see-through in places where the arm has rubbed the body but most people refer to this as mojo and it IS nearly twenty years old. For a guitar long-discontinued, that plays as good as it does,I think I'm asking a fair price.

Can be collected from Doncaster but if not TOO far would be willing to meet half way.

No trades thanks as the chap selling the guitar I'm interested in has kindly offered to take it off sale until I can sell this, so need a straight sale please.

All in all, I can't rave about how good this guitar is, and I really hate to think I'm letting it go, but it's the only guitar I have with me that my conscience will let me move on (as I haven't owned it for more then a decade like I have some of my other's that are worth anything!) so needs must and all that.

All trial's are welcome. Cheers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    You haven't stated a price?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThatWasleyThatWasley Frets: 4
    You're absolutely right! Lol.

It's because I took the description from it's gumtree listing. Will edit it in now.

For anyone interested though, I'm after about £350.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bumpington
  • Up!
  • Bump :)
  • RISE!
  • bump
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    You can bump it once every 48hours - as is stated in the rules.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Ah, thanks for that Tony, wasn't aware of that. Will make sure I stick to that from here on out :)
  • Although my last bump WAS 2 days apart :p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TEMPORARY price reduction: If gone this weekend, will take £300!!! Madness!!!
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    It's not clear whether you still have the 12db circuitry stuff ... or is it long gone?

What is the actual spec now in terms of pups / circuitry?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2014
    Everything that was with the guitar when I bought it is still present, just not IN the guitar. I still have the PCB in a box, just need to buy a battery clib to solder back into the PCB and it should be up and running again.

Have had it rewired to classic wiring configuration, with a Tex-Mex pup in the bridge; neck and middle pickup are (I assume) the original pup's that came with the guitar. Only got the guitar myself last summer so can't say what was done to it before I got it but the 12db boost was working when I got it so I assume all is right with it, just didn't like it so had it rewired.

Here's a photo of the PCB.
  • In terms of spec, this is basically now a Jimmy Vaughan strat; got the vintage hardware (Bridge is vintage spec as well as tuners) and the tex mex pup in the bridge matches what goes in that. It's a belter of a guitar and on offer for what's the going rate on a Mexican Standard strat at current prices. This is a deluxe, you know what it cost new as apposed to a standard of the same era. £300 for this is a bargain in my opinion!
  • For anyone interested, I've just uploaded a video of how this thing sounds through an amp: