Interesting basement jaxx project

vizviz Frets: 10691
edited May 2014 in Making Music
Helleau all. Don't know of this will interest any of you but Basement Jaxx have got a song on their new album called Power to the People, and they're setting up a website which will include an online player and mixer for people to make/mix their own interpretations of it. You can hear the song and also the separate stems here:

http://powertothepeople.fm/

I just thought it would be great if any of you felt like recording your own versions - you can include individual tracks from the original if you like, such as the drum track for example, but you don't have to. So long as it's 120bpm and the right key and structure. It would be amazing if we got some really heavy metal versions to balance all the dance ones that'll be submitted. I'm thinking a really good rhythm track or an amazing twiddly lead track. Or something jazzy. Or whatever. Then other people will be able to download that and add it to their versions.

The Jaxx will be compiling a single from all the submissions and releasing it on World Peace Day in September so perhaps we can have some thefretboard represented on that :D

We've already done a rock instrumental track and vid (which'll be premiered on BBC radio cambridge/norfolk/suffolk next sunday at 9:30am for all you East Anglian peeps by the way ;) )
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sounds like a great idea. What's the deadline? I'll see if I can have a go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    @Mellowsun - No deadline set yet and knowing them it'll be quite relaxed. Nice one! Yes definitely have a go! Are you going to sing too?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I can't sing to save my life!
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Perfect.