Les Paul Juniors

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    bigfuzz said:
    Gassage said:
    BDB

There's a beaut of a 74 in Chandlers for £1400.

Also, if the budget is less, the Tokai SEB (sonic enhanced body) is actually waaaay better IMO than the Gibbo's.
    sonic enhanced body? @gassage

tell me more...
    posher end Tokai's IIRC  http://www.thelittleguitarshop.com/Tokai.html ; ( there's an SEB Special on there if you scroll down)

I've no idea if the centre block thing works or not - I'm not aware of it catching on with other makers.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30909
    edited June 2014
    @erictheweary

that's my guitar!! I kind of owe Martin £200 on it!!!

It's a wowser for sure.

Now, I may sell it as I may be looking at a P90 Gold Top.

Re the SEB, it's just boatloads of sustain and tone. I really mean it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I haven't got any fancy ones but I do have an '09 Junior in a sort of unfinished wine red colour, it is my favourite guitar although I have more expensive ones. 

The P90 sound and the fact there is only one pick up make them irresistible to me and I can see how they have such a following.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    wasnt somebody selling a beat up 50's jobbie on here recently for a very good price? or did I dream it? I-)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    edited June 2014
    Love LP Juniors, had a few but the ones I really miss were both Japanese. A Tokai DC in yellow and an Orville sunburst single cut that absolutely roared. Sold the second one after a guy wouldn't stop offering me more money for it so shouldn't complain.
    Currently using a few Melody Makers with various pickups...same sort of thing but with a bit more top end bite....gonna sell a couple actually.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I like the look of the Vintage V120/130 LPJ copies - however, I recently acquired a cheap Westfield LPJ copy from this parish, which plays and sounds lovely...
  • I gigged with a custom shop 1960 special for a while I got it for around 950 I think really really good guitar but I sold it when I bought @cloudnine 339
  • And check out tokai SEB115 unbeatablefor the money used
  • @lustycourtier how did you find the BJA? Pick ups, neck, etc. There's a couple on eBay at the moment. One with a start price of £800 which seems ballpark and one at £1500 which doesn't!
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3325
    They are great. I loved mine but was offered a trade I couldn't resist. They feel proper unlike most modern jnrs. Sub £900 is a good price IMO
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    If you are still looking there is a 57 VOS on eBay http://r.ebay.com/ZSee4O which looks okay.
  • GuitarMonkey;277436" said:
    If you are still looking there is a 57 VOS on eBay http://r.ebay.com/ZSee4O which looks okay.
    Cheers, it's been posted a couple of times on here today. I think the price is a bit heavy. I did ask him if he fancied a trade on a Ric 360 a few days back by he wasn't up for it and until I sell it I'm a bit stuck...
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    GuitarMonkey;277436" said:
    Cheers, it's been posted a couple of times on here today. I think the price is a bit heavy.
    It seems a lot for a simple guitar but I haven't seen any much cheaper.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Decent enough price. I had an 07. Twas awfully good.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited June 2014 tFB Trader
    We do our own version - Lion Cub

We still use our all access neck joint in spite of the thinner body
    We've loaded this one with a BKP Mississippi Queen, so you can choose to enjoy the P90 sound or swap it out if you wish for a humbucker. (the metal casing also cuts down hum)

We've taken a shot with the back open  so you can see what we are using electrics wise. 
    On this one we have 550k pots and a 0.022uF Jensen cap
    The result is that the guitar retains an almost tele like spank with the tone full up and darkens up wonderfully with the cap

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    ^^^^

Nice.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    That's a lovely looking guitar.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

Plenty of 59 LPJ DCs in the states for circa £3-4k if you want to do the customs and import dance. http://www.gbase.com/powered/gearlist.aspx?dealer=990fe33b-e425-460d-b2f6-7d381769706a&gs=y&pageindex=1&pagesize=25&sf0=7&sd0=0&dealerid=990fe33b-e425-460d-b2f6-7d381769706a&tf=1&ti0=8&grp=7&searchbar=False

Richard Henry's offering is nice. It ticks the box for a good vintage guitar with provenance, however, in todays economic climate, £5k is for those with plenty of disposable income without a house to buy. Not good times :(