What on earth is this... and should it be bought?!

What's Hot
RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
My brother just sent me this pic of a guitar he just found (sorry, really poor pic):

Looks like an 8 string Strat with a bizarre headstock and dodgy looking Squier logo (does it seem to say "Squiers", or is it me?!).The D and G strings are doubled apparently.
Not the model boy of the village
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

What is it?

No idea

Should it be bought?

that's what GAS is 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    A DIY conversion of a stripped Squier Affinity Strat, by the look of it.

And probably not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    It's looks like something made by MD Phillips' equally talented arch nemesis.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
    Cheers. It can stay in the shop!
    Not the model boy of the village
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    I reckon it's his "Mr Hyde" side, myself.
    Well he has to do something with all those spare machine heads (and holes for that matter).
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    The guy who converts 6-strings to narrow necked 7-strings for people with delicate, tiny hands and squeezes a humbucker into the bridge position of a Tele?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26570
    edited June 2014
    The guy who converts 6-strings to narrow necked 7-strings for people with delicate, tiny hands and squeezes a humbucker into the bridge position of a Tele?
    Nah, Mr Phillips clearly had a whole bunch of strings left over after taking them off the other guitars he improved. He had to put them somewhere.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a barge pole you can borrow.
    Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

How much is/was it?

I cannot make out the tag, sorry.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    edited June 2014
    What is it?

Bloody ugly,that's what it is. >:D<
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    SNAKEBITE said:

How much is/was it?

Anything more than about a tenner is too much, and even then it would only be useful as bits for a project. The Affinities have thinner bodies than standard, and the hardware is at the only-just-ok level too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein