Team photo!

RamirezRamirez Frets: 11

Orange Bass Terror 500, Orange SP212 cab, Zoom B3. Basses are Fender FSR Precision (pretty much an American Special with limited run 'stained' finish I think), Fender MIM Jazz, Squier Bass VI... I haven't got a thing for sunburst Fenders I swear...! It's a coincidence...

Top is off the Terror as I plan on trying different valves tomorrow to see if the gain response changes... might post clips up (if I get round to it I fancy ABing the Terror preamp against the AD200B in Amplitube as well)
Not the model boy of the village
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice :D love the bass 6.

Whats the orange like? 500 watts in a Lil head is pretty cool.
  • RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
    Today, I love the Orange.

I've been half-arsedly trying to sell it for a few months, but have decided to keep it. I've had it a couple of years, and been going back and forth between it and the B3 for the main bass sound. I've gigged it heavily, but never really played with it in isolation or took muchnotice of it until today, and I'm back to really liking it (with bass amps I tend to swing from "who cares" to "I love it" easily and regularly!). I want another cab of the same type to go with it. I may well get some clips of it up tomorrow.

There's also a 1000w version, exaclty the same size!
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    I've got the Orange too. I really rate it and by the look of your basses you like the same stuff as me. 

Massive bonkers volume and a good basic sound, if not much EQ (though reading up on the tone stack helps... loads of info in the review at http://btpub.boyd-printing.com/publication/?i=76122 if you haven't seen it... 

I put a NOS 12AT7 in V1 and it helped quite a bit. Be careful swapping tubes, the contacts are made of cheese. 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    That P Bass is beautiful!
  • RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
    @KKJale True, it isn't the most comprehensive EQ, thought it's almost there for me - I use a single parametric band at around 4kHz from my Zoom B3 into mine. The mid control on the amp I find quite powerful though - that can certainly have a big effect on the sound character. Results of the valve swap are here: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/17517/orange-bass-stuff-comparison-video

@Shark_Eyes Yes. Yes it is!