Introduction - Hi guys ! (and NDG)

What's Hot

Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    57Deluxe said:
    ** When photographing your gear please remember that we are easily offended by bad wallpaper, chintz fabrics and untidy rooms...
    No danger there I think. I note that the obligatory leather sofa was used. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    edited June 2014
    Pictures removed :) 

Tough crowd, never knew good photos = business promotion !

p.s. those photos takes no time for me, in fact it is more hassle using my phone ! (stupid phone is old and slow)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't get 100% approbation? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2014
    Neil said:
    Throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't get 100% approbation? 

Nope, I just don't want people think I am promoting my business.  And if posting bad photos and leaving the topic where it is supposed to be, the guitar, as opposed to the photos, then that's fine by me.  Those guitar photos in my eyes are okay, I don't even think they are that great, they could actually be better, there are reflections that I think in the wrong place, the background could have less reflection etc...and that's the truth. 

They really are nothing special and very easy to take all honestly. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    @RaymondLin the thread is a better thread with the pics. Please don't get put off because 1person has something negative to say.

We like pics :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    Rubbish. Put them back up!

I don't care if you have an ulterior motive - and I don't think there's any reason to think you do. The guitars are lovely and I'm all for pics. 

Ignore the doubters. And welcome to a (mostly) very friendly place to hang out. 

I'm jealous, but appreciative.
    :D
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    I think some serious 'green streak' bullshit has just happened here - who gives a shit if a guy spends some proper money on some nice gear. What a great welcome to a new guy you've gone and done there mate, bet you'd have said fuck all if he'd posted a Squire Strat.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Forgive me, but what an unpleasant way to treat a new member! Who gives a toss if the OP gets some business out of it - I'm sure ICBM and The Guitar Weasel do from their presence on here. And rightly so.

Personally I thought they were lovely photos of lovely guitars.

Cynicism is not a desirable human quality....
    Yes. Please put all the photos back. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited June 2014
    Forgive me, but what an unpleasant way to treat a new member! Who gives a toss if the OP gets some business out of it - I'm sure ICBM and The Guitar Weasel do from their presence on here. And rightly so.

Personally I thought they were lovely photos of lovely guitars.

Cynicism is not a desirable human quality....
    Exactly. 
    edited June 2014
    At the end of the day, I am the new guy here, it is not my intention to ruffle any feathers.  My first passion is photography, I can say it is in my blood and it is natural for me to share photos that I have taken.  I am sure you guys' love for music is what makes you want to perform, and share your music.  I think we share that in common, music is new to me, so naturally I to photograph the instruments that i have bought, bought with money that I earned myself.  I've said that I don't really have any vices, or many hobbies rather apart from your typical cinema and what not.  I drive a Toyota Yaris, I have an iPhone 4 with a broken Home button.  

I apologise if you think my intention is to promote business, I am sorry, the truth is i just like sharing photos.  That's me and that is the truth. 

I am happy to put them back but I do not want to upset anyone, as I've stated, I am new and it's not my intention to offend. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    Bring back the pics - I didn't get to see them!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    Take no notice to the comments about taking the pic's down. There are a few threads on here with some great photo's in them and nobody complained about them.

We also have a few people who sell stuff / run a business who are on here and nobody complains (although they don't push it).

Anyway, welcome to the mad house @RaymondLin and as mike_l said, Bars straight ahead, it's your round. :D
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Don't be a cry baby! The pics were lovely.

I remember one of my first posts on the old forum (musicradar) many many years ago was a NGD and there was about six pages of piss taking about a romantic novel in shot, it was my wifes! And narey a comment on the guitar except the odd "it's got a Floyd and is shit!".

It's what makes this place great, if you want adulation keep to birds and moons! :-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fair enough, thanks guys, I've put them back but if it does cause offence, do let me know as I do not want to upset anyone. 
    the truth is i just like sharing photos.  
    They are great and you are right to be proud of them.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Where are you based?
  • Photos! We need more!

Mate, I doubt I'll be in a position to own any of your guitars. Hopefully I will one day.

But if I could, regardless of how shit I play? Hell yes! If you like them, that's all there is to it.

Plenty of great info here. Your next vice will be effects pedals. That'll drain your balance more than you thought possible...
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Good on you, if you can afford them then why shouldn't you buy them, regardless of musical ability. I've got a 2 grand les Paul that will never get gigged or even heard by anyone other than me, it's your cash, enjoy it, and again welcome do stick around.
    edited June 2014
    Lew said:
    Where are you based?

England, if you want more specifics, West Midlands. 

History of how I got them (if you are interested) 

My intention at the start was not to have 4 guitars. The intention was just to get one which is where the T5 came in, it does real acoustic and a lot of electric tones. It's a bit in between sure but it's fun. 

I got the GS mini next on a whimp...oops something to muck around sitting on the sofa I guess. It's small and comfortable and my only acoustic.

Then the next guitar is the custom 24, I realised that the T5 doesn't give me what I want in an electric so I set out to get one. I wanted a Les Paul, the same old "because my idol has one so I want to imitate" thing and I tried a lot of Les Paul's, custom classics, traditional, signature T, studio pro, juniors etc. none of them felt right, most of them had cosmetic flaws to simple bad fret ends. I still wanted a Les Paul though despite that as I do appreciate them but never found one I liked. 

Anyway, this is when I came across the custom 24, Guitar Village was having a sale at the time and saw it at stupid low price, it was listed £500 less than the same guitar they had in store which was secondhand! it has a 10-top, these normal sell for near £3,000. So I went for it and I found out later it was a misprice but they honoured it to me anyway, for which I am grateful. 

The PRS single cut is from the states, also in the sale. What is unique about the stripped 58 is not only is a discontinued model, (current model is SC245 and most has a wrapped tail bridge), it has a finished that is done only once previously back in 1985. They especially did another run of various guitar with a foil finish in 2012 for the PRS Experience, some were for customs, some for the DGT, NF3, Paul's guitar etc and in different colours, such as red, green etc so this is probably the only single cut in blue foil in existence. It is not a finish you can get unless you go private stock. 

Anyway, how I came to it is originally I pre-ordered the zach Meyer SE from Brian's guitar in the states, but I wanted to upgrade the nut and the tuners, which hit me, that all I am trying to do is make a SE to be more like a core PRS, and as luck would have it, this blue PRS came up in their Spring sale (again, after exchange rate and import tax still like half the cost of the same guitar here) and I changed my preorder to this instead. So that's that and also my version of "Les Paul" taken care of. 

That's how I ended up with them, didn't really plan out that way but I'm happy that I have them, the blue foil Single Cut especially, it's probably the only one in the world. I did take a huge risk though ordering it from America as I pretty much have no going back if it came with problems as it's costs prohibitive to send and return or swap, but it worked out well and I got lucky.

P.s. The T5 was also on sale and I got 10% off the GS mini too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom