Pickup routing on new USA Teles

TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
edited June 2014 in Guitar
Just replacing the stock 'orrible white/black.white pick guard on my new black USA Tele with a proper one which is black/white/black.  Genuine Fender part.

Had to be careful when ordering as it is one of the new ones with an extra couple of holes either side of the neck pickup.

When I got the original out, I saw why there are those two new holes.  The routing is generic which allows for the addition of all manner of different pickup units without additional re-routing.

Curious, but no more than that.

Here's what I mean:

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice :) I like routes like that. Modding dream.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Ace. 

You can have all kinds of fun with that. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Had the HSH rout for a long time, my 2004 US Standard had it.

• Now safely on my guitar wall with the proper coloured pickguard. 

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com