Epiphone Sheraton Bigsby

Just thought I'd share a little project I put together last week.
I've had this Korean Sheraton for a few years, I snagged it quite cheap & had always planned to add a Bigsby at some point.
Well finally got round to it & also put a SD 59 in the neck & used a Towner tension bar.

Sounds great, plays great & stays in tune well enough.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2025
    Very, very nice. Always like a Bigsby on a Semi.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Very nice. Also, nice to see a Sheraton in something other than natural.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9576
    I used to have a natural one but never really liked the colour. The ebony ones look great.

Needs just a little more Brasso to get rid of the remaining gold plating...
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    I'd consider swapping the bridge to a Wilkinson roller one - I have on my Jazzmaster and it was a huge improvement in stability and ease of use when using the trem compared to the Tune o Matic fitted previously. £25 well spent, IMHO
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    edited June 2014

To be honest, the guitar is holding tune as well before I added the Bigsby, I spent some time setting it up properly, graphite in the nut slots & saddles plus stretching the strings. Also these older Korean Sheratons have a different bridge spacing to most guitars & many folk have had trouble finding replacement bridges...... until this guy discovered the Duesenburg bridges are a direct drop in

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/110278-epiphone-sheraton-ii-korea-bridge-issue/