Hotel California - that's a lot of notes :)

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
HC came up on the list of possible songs to cover so during work breaks I thought I'd work through the solo...   nothing hard but definitely breaking it down into sections to learn all the parts.  If we do it I'll work out the harmony part at the end for the singer and merge the main solo into one long solo that feel like it's never leaving :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    Because it's interesting and melodic. It doesn't need to leave. ;)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397

Yeah that's how I learned it, section by section. Nothing hard but it's a wonderfully expressive solo that's worth taking the time over. I love Don Felders and Walsh's playing on that song

The guy we have playing keys now is also a great guitarist so we now have 3 guitars when we do it. I'm on 12 and 6 string double neck, other guitarist is on 12 string acoustic and keys player switches to 6 string electric. Sounds great
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    A few years ago I heard your version @Danny1969 which you had posted on your website.  It was excellent.  Well played.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    Thanks Rocker 

Still playing it now and still not bored of it
    www.2020studios.co.uk