Tele necks?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
edited June 2014 in Guitar
Thinking about a rosewood board for my black paisley, and wondering if there's anything to look out for on eBay or if it'll be a warmoth job.

I'm after something with a rosewood board and big frets- not the vintage skinny style. Do Fender make any like that aside from the US and Mex Standards? I'm not a big fan of the profile on those and would prefer 21 frets

Equally, if anyone here has something relevant and for-sale I'm all ears!
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I've had two necks from USACG, and both are lovely. I'll get a photo or two of my rosewood board tele neck.
    So I can recommend them - I'm sure Allparts would be great too, but they don't offer the stuff I want (headstock truss rod adjust, mainly, and a 25" scale on the tele).

Now, though... having seen the wealth of great luthiers we have in this country, next time I'd be inclined to ask one of them to make me a neck - I'm sure it would be every bit as good as anything Fender or the after-market makers produce, and by the time you've factored in shipping from the states and all the charges, it'd probably work out the same. Although being in Dubai is a different factor again. ^_^
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    I have a USACG on my Cabronita, so I know how good those are. I'm not a big fan of the Allparts profiles tbh, otherwise that would be a contender. Just fancy a proper Fender one to keep the guitar being all-Fender if possible. I don't think it's an option though for the specs I want. 

Might just see how much @Felineguitars might be after to make me one...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    I haven't used one, but North West Guitars have a custom neck builder, you can pick from a lot of options and the prices are good.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9605
    I haven't used one, but North West Guitars have a custom neck builder

He is in Korea though ;)
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    USACG are great but Warmoth put the truss adjust in a sensible place. Plus they can give you the proper headstock.
  • I had one from axecaster.co.uk for my pine tele, it was a Mighty Mite second (tuner holes too big, not that you'd notice once assembled).
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I've got a Musikraft neck and it's miles better that the Allparts neck it replaced, and the Fender SRV neck before that. They sell some occasionally on ebay as Jamerson guitars and you can pick up some bargains!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    agibbo said:
    I've got a Musikraft neck and it's miles better that the Allparts neck it replaced, and the Fender SRV neck before that. They sell some occasionally on ebay as Jamerson guitars and you can pick up some bargains!

My Musikraft is lush, and TBH my Allparts TMO-Fat is superb, esp' for the cost.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."