Jazzmaster bridges

Would one of those Wilkinson roller bridges be an improvement over the tom bridge on my Squier Mascis?

Tuning stability is not quite there at the moment.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Definitely.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    edited June 2014
    I just stuck a Mustang on my purple Mascis. Works a treat.

I'm not a huge fan of roller bridges (got one on my Yamaha TVL) as they have too many bits that can rattle. Saying that the one on my TVL is fine. But I haven't tried the Wilkinson ones myself, think my one is a Schaller.

Not sure the Mustang will fit the Squier version though as it uses a different bridge compared to purple one.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Sadly, whs

The Wilko one doesn't rattle. At all.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    You just have to hulk it on to the posts; I think the holes for the thimbles are maybe 1mm wider apart than would be ideal, so you take the TOM posts out and replace them with the ones that come with the Wilko, then PUSH it on. Trust me, it will fit, you just have to work at it!
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 464
    edited June 2014
    Ok, cheers all; I shall get one.

Any other mods worth doing while I'm at it?

Also, cream coloured witches hat knobs. Where can you get those?

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    They're on eBay - buy the fender own ones. About a tenner, then shipping from the US. I changed the trem unit too, and everyone advises to get the nut changed to a bone one. I've yet to get round to that!
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The regular T-O-M style rollers are a perfect fit on the Squier Mascis. I have one of each type and there isn't much to choose between them other than ease of installation.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    stonevibe said:
    I just stuck a Mustang on my purple Mascis. Works a treat.

I'm not a huge fan of roller bridges (got one on my Yamaha TVL) as they have too many bits that can rattle. Saying that the one on my TVL is fine. But I haven't tried the Wilkinson ones myself, think my one is a Schaller.

Not sure the Mustang will fit the Squier version though as it uses a different bridge compared to purple one.
    I think your mascis is different to mine? I have Gibson style threaded posts in the body of my mascis, slightly staggered.

love the wilkinson roller bridge but I strong believe it works better on the closer trem placement CP/Squier mascis guitars

I use this roller on my 2 jags and purple mascis

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.