Haze residue

MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
edited June 2014 in Live
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. I have a qtx hazer but every time I use it, any equipment nearby gets coated in oily residue - disgusting! Is this an unavoidable side effect of these types of machines or is there different fluid that I can buy? I'm sure that pro level hazers that I've been on stage with don't do this!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    What you have is known as an oil cracker and they are cheap and do leave a nasty residue that is particularly hazardous to electrical equipment with cooling fans and singers throats.
    There are fogger machines (the professional type) that use water based fluids but they ain't £50 on the market stall. They are worth the investment if you are using them enough too notice the oil problem.

• Thank you sir, would you be able to recommend any model in particular that isn't up near the grand mark?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I'm not up to speed on the latest units and the interwebs are your best source. If you are gigging every weekend then buying is an obvious solution, but you could consider hire if it's an ad hoc thing.