humbucker sized single coils?

What's Hot
firks91firks91 Frets: 104
hey guys, so ive been wanting to get a hss pup config guitar recently but it just struck me, i know there are single coils that are same size as humbuckers, but are their any of those that have the pole pieces offset rather than straight down the middle?

alternatively, is it possible to buy brackets or something of that ilk that will allow for a single coil to be mounted in a humbuckers place, but be positioned close to the neck as opposed to having a gap either side of its mounted position?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    firks91 said:
    i know there are single coils that are same size as humbuckers, but are their any of those that have the pole pieces offset rather than straight down the middle?
    Yes, Fralin P92. It's actually a *hum-cancelling* single coil with offset poles, so it's the best of both worlds - done by using two half coils.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    The Dimarzio Bluesbucker is an offset single coil which looks like a stock humbucker.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    I quite like the new Fralin big single. Moderately annoyed he bear me to it as I've been working on a similar idea....
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    ah cool, i'll take a look at those cheers guys!