Jim Dunlop Strap Locks

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1746
Hi Guys

The strap which i use with a set of Jim Dunlop strap locks has seen better days and needs replacing.

Is it possible to change straps? there's a retaining clip on there which i'm assuming i can remove however is it reusable? 

It's been probably 13 years or so since i put them on there so can't 100% remember how easy it was to get on

chris
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27452

I've always found them a real pita to get on the strap.

Buy another set for the new strap, and then you've always got a spare strap ready fitted with the locks ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    I would do that however i'm a bit broke at the minute and the origional strap is genuinley falling to bits.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    I've got s spare set of the bits that go on the strap. You can have them if you like ?
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Ohhhh yes please, please let me know how much you'd like for them
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    Only your postal addy and a promise that when you speak of me you speak well ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    The cir-clip can be opened and the assembly can be shifted to your new strap no problem

However do keep an eye out for wear on the mechanism as like all things they can and do wear out slowly

The only times I've ever had difficulty fitting them is if the strap is particularly thick at the end (I've been known to squish  strap end in a vice to temporarily make it easier to fit the locking gubbins. 
    However it is usually better if you have a 10mm hole punch/leather punch to make a neat hole in the strap end. (I usually carefully position this to only just come to the bottom of the old hole and also remove some of the slit that leads to the hole resulting in a more secure fitting for the future.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!