New Tele build

What's Hot
Fancy building a Tele, my first build. Seems you can buy swamp ash bodies for anywhere between, say, £150 and £400. Can anyone recommend some in particular? I'd rather not buy something cheap and find it has no tone, but I don't want to be taken to the cleaners either. Currently looking at northwestguitars, which seems reasonably priced to me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited June 2014
    I would whole heartedly recommend www.guitarbuild.co.uk - this was my first build, as it happens a swamp ash tele, using one of their one-piece bodies:

The wood is certainly good stuff, I can tell you that - and they are able to do any custom/non-standard routing or contours you might want. Phil the owner also made me this custom body shape to my own design in fact, and did a superb job on it:

That's swamp ash again - really superb light weight stuff it is too, very resonant. :)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Great stuff, cheers. Will have a look

• asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    +1 for Guitarbuild,i got a Strat body from them for £125,absolutely excellent,and
    Phil is very helpful,i don't think you will do better.

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    If your still looking for a TELE I have some for sale in the Classifieds but they do come with necks.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Cheers. Am after something really specific though