Bearfoot FX Dyna Red Distortion 4K

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1463
I haven't done one of these for ages but this pedal is mental. I gig with a JVM410H through a Zilla Fatboy with really old V30's but I only use the JVM clean green channel (I know, why bother having a 410H but it does eveything I need and is pretty cheap to replace if needed). I have been struggling to get the right lead sound for ages and have been using a Suhr Riot for most of the lead parts.

The bearfoot cuts perfectly but still has that fat, juicy tone with probably the nicest almost fuzzy sustain I have ever had. I use it with the mids up around 2 o'clock, gain pretty much flat out.

It does a good low gain as well but I am a sucker for the ZVEX Box Of Rock for my low gain crunch.

Try one and buy one if you are looking for a fat lead sound!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    I agree about this pedal, and in fact, I'm a huge Bearfoot fan. Possiblythe best all-round OD pedal maker out there, imho....
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    ...I like the pink ones...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I want one of those!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    Honestly, the Bearfoot Baby Pink Booster is the one pedal that truly seems to work with every amp Ive tried it with...

I've just completed my part in the latest Bearfoot Euro Tourbox (on the 'other' channel TGP), and have ordered an Uber Bee. Anyway, ive asked Donner to send me a "big knob" (oo er) for my BPB...

• I have a bearfoot Model H for all my Rush Hemispheres tones and I love it ..
    edited June 2014
    @iseverynamegone How are you getting on with that? Coda have a 4K one for sale but I am not sure about it based on the youtube clips. Sounds quite grainy, which is the point I suppose.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    ...the Pink Purple Fuzz is also a nice one...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @Majorscale I keep hearing about these tourbox jobbies. Do you need to be on TGP to qualify?
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    @photek, yep! The main criteria is that you have to be a contributing member on TGP whose been there for a while. You then register with whoever is managing the region, provide your name, address & phone number and you get added to a list of recipients. As a recipient you get the tourbox for a week and afterwards you are responsible for shipping it (with tracking) to whoever is next in the list. Seeing that we are in the UK you may have to cover the shipping costs of sending it anywhere within Europe to whoever is next in line for the tourbox. Last rule is you need to review the pedals and say how they fit with your gear, playing, tastes etc.

The tourbox I'll receive in a few months time will have the honeybee, uber bee, honey beest and model G in it. Looking forward to comparing them as I'm a long time honeybee user.
    Aha that will be me out then. I seem to remember being banned on there for liking the Amp11 more than the Tim ;)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    photek said:
    Aha that will be me out then. I seem to remember being banned on there for liking the Amp11 more than the Tim ;)

What is wrong with you? Everyone knows the Tim is better than everything*....

*Assume I'm speaking like Leonard speaks to Sheldon

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm poor at adjectives for sounds ...but you know it sounds moving picturish. :-) I have never owned a Hiwatt and never will but that pedal through a clean valve amp gets me close enough to that sound I think, with more gain if needed.
    Just to add to this I picked up a 3 knob version yesterday and as an all rounder it is even better than the 4k. It is a bit darker and a bit fatter sounding so is perfect for lower gain crunch. The 4k by comparison is a little bit harder to dial in but when you do it is more focused and really is amazing for leads.

Seriously if you can try or buy one do it!